Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

Were you bar hopping with vdogg last night in Richmond, Guy? :)

If not, you'll have to make a trip on your own or with some buddies. Sorry, OT, I know. :offtopic:

Nah, I still have yet to make it up that way but summer is coming and I do intend to make a trip up that way.. now back on topic! :blush:

:offtopic:

Man I need that for RCW... ok that's enough from me in my OT... so I'll billyclub myself... move along Cadeho ... back on to Rocketts.

I guess I can show the crane... for those who haven't seen.

DSCF6109.jpg

DSCF6115.jpg

2/25/06

There's another crane nearby but it's not related to this project. It's not one of these... it looks like one of those they have at the Philip Morris building.

Edited by Cadeho

Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but it appears that the water tower is no where near the crane to make them build the crane tall enough to clear it. Thoughts from anyone who has been there in person?

I think the water tower in the foreground of this zoom-in shot is not at Rocketts, but closer in to the city - maybe near the Fulton Stadium :) .

Cadeho, great shots. If the other crane isn't for Rocketts, who is it for?

Actually burt, that IS the Rockett's water tower, and I agree with your assessment of its impact... Especially now that the project has grown to over $500 million and will extend as far west as Tobacco Row...

I'm not sure why the tower crane is that tall eric? I know the tower crane is for construction of the 6-story, Fall Line condominiums.

Great find Tommy! They must have just revised that in the past couple days.

I'm really liking how this is coming together. I can't wait to see how this Old Main Condo and Retail building will look.

I also like how the parking deck is masked by streetfront buildings. I wonder what kind of height the Main Condo/Retail building will have... My guess is 5-7 stories.

I wish we could get a glimpse at the rest of the masterplan in this clarity.

And I reallllllly wanna know what they will come up with for the section west of Phase I up to Tobacco Row!

I love it! Too bad I wouldn't be able to afford living there. Maybe if we all got a condo together?!

Since I drive by it on my route to work 5 days out of the week... I see an army of surveyors just about everyday. The entire area has red flags on every thing! You can't but feel the energy the area will possess.

Richmond Renaissance Update!

The first 132 units of Rockett's are already sold out (none of them have even been built yet), hence why they made available the Skyline this month. They also mentioned that the project has now grown to $500 million

Plans for the city side expansion of Rockett's.....include over 2 million sq ft of development including 645+ residential units and the large marina.

From what I understand, Rockett's Landing IS THE definition of New Urbanism and Mixed-use development.

Very exciting!

Sounds so awesome.. can't wait to see construction pics as it goes up!

It's a massive project that won't be built out till about 2012. That 2 million sq ft I mentioned is just on the city side. On the Henrico County side, there is as much or more square footage of total development. The project now has well over 2000 residential units if you add the 650 in the city side to the already 1400.

I'll try to take some pics down there tomorrow.

Here's a pic from Riverside on the James where you can see the tower crane in the distance for Phase I....

Richmond3-2-2006007.jpg

Also, once they hammer out the details and so forth with the city, we'll finally get to see in detail the site plans for what's on the city side. It looks though as if everything would be replaced west of the tracks. Possible exceptions I'd think would be the Intermediate Terminal building over Water St. and the Richmond Raftin Compant (that's their name?).

I don't see a tower crane in your pic, coupe. That big white blob on the riiver is a silo just below Great Ship Lock, thus Rocketts is beyond that. If there's a crane, it's too hazy for me to see.

I think the big tall amoke stack belongs to the Lucky Strike Power Plant at Cary and Pear Streets.

I don't see a tower crane in your pic, coupe. That big white blob on the riiver is a silo just below Great Ship Lock, thus Rocketts is beyond that. If there's a crane, it's too hazy for me to see.

I think the big tall amoke stack belongs to the Lucky Strike Power Plant at Cary and Pear Streets.

I hope this helps Burt, it's kind of faint in the distance.

Richmond3-2-2006007a.jpg