Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

That build to suit office building posted on the previous page is great for one main reason, if it extends the gradual development northward to ultimately connect  Rockett's with the rest of downtown's urban corridor, we'll have a string of continuous development with no dead zones. This would encourage further development along the river.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Also of note, the second round of ultra luxury riverfront town-homes at Rocketts Village are about to break ground.  They cleared out the small observation deck and eliminated parking on the lots in preparation as of last week.  The next apartment block is also well under way.

69698480_2441950745874343_3781084462012432384_n.jpg

69700182_440145179933602_7703221242072924160_n.jpg

Edited by Icetera
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Found the presentation for the Fulton Yards project. In it shows the site plans for the entire development and having seen it, it will be better than what is currently there but I’d love to see it denser with less surface parking lots.

https://www.fultonforum.com/home/proposed-fulton-yard-development-presentation-available-here

• Like 1

11 hours ago, blopp1234 said:

Found the presentation for the Fulton Yards project. In it shows the site plans for the entire development and having seen it, it will be better than what is currently there but I’d love to see it denser with less surface parking lots.

https://www.fultonforum.com/home/proposed-fulton-yard-development-presentation-available-here

Agreed.  I also wish they would reorient Site C to better acknowledge the old Roundhouse.  The opportunity is rich to make that site unique.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Wahoo 07 said:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2020/03/17/land-for-planned-fulton-yard-development-sells-for-5m/

More progress on the Fulton Yards project.  On another note, does anyone agree that this thread should be retitled "Rocketts Landing/Fulton?"  

Let's hope under the current brewing economic circumstances this project gets under way and is actually fully developed.

And -- YES to the re-title. Adding "Fulton" is a good idea.

8 minutes ago, Brent114 said:

Glad to see this this morning.  A week ago I was going to BizSense every morning to look for good news.  Now I go there looking for bad :( 

IKR? Given the current situation and not really knowing when things will stabilize both with the virus and the economy, I get nervous any time i come on here or look at the RTD or BizSense thinking there might be bad news of something getting delayed, paused or pulled off the table. Richmond's on too much of a roll - we can't afford something like that.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Was this their site for the taller 13-14 story building?

No, that was the surface lot next to Brown Greer.

I am confused by the layout on this, though, as I can not see how it fits the lot, unless possibly the image is mirrored.

EDIT: Looking back at prior plans, I do not think this is utilizing the lot with the raised art gallery at the corner of Nicholson, but solely built on the gas station lot.  That means the corner may still one day be developed into offices or other mixed use.

Edited by Icetera
Update

1 minute ago, rjp212 said:

Was this not part one of the Fulton Yards lots?

No, they have the sliver along the tracks of the same block plus some more square footage along Nicholson (25 Nicholson St. on GIS).

image.thumb.png.cab6c863a3e1be8448d41e1a8c696d74.png

Edited by Icetera
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

City studying the Fulton Gas Works site for development opportunities after the demolition and environmental remediation work finishes up. This site is key to connecting Rocketts/Fulton with Shockoe Bottom and it would be unfortunate if it simply remained as campus for Richmond Gas Works which is a possibility. I would think that with the EDA and Planning Dept. involved in this study however that they will suggest density to align with Pulse/RVA 300 recommendations. 

https://richmondbizsense.com/2020/08/03/city-files-permit-to-demolish-fulton-gas-works-buildings/

I think this thread should be re-named Rockett's Landing/Fulton to better discuss projects in this area. 

• Like 2

Speaking of threads - is there a Shockoe Bottom thread? A couple projects underway there that could use a forum. With the talk of the memorial park also I think a separate thread for this part of town is necessary.

I began looking but there is a BUNCH of threads that are inactive you have to pick through. Is there any way we can archive threads that are say 5+ years old w/o activity or for the old practice of individual project threads - book them since most those projects have been completed?

• Like 1

I'm not even sure we have an "admin" person among us to make any of the changes we are suggesting.  I would hope someone could grant one of us "admin" power to be able to what we need done for good organization.  Vdogg, is this something you can help with?  Also, if you don't see a thread that fits what you are posting, I don't see any issue with creating a new thread; however, I would like to see some of our really old threads archived so that we can go back and reference them.  whw53, would you be interested in being an admin function (just in case Vdogg can help and asks)?

• Like 1