Growth Projections for Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any thoughts about a possible College Prep Baptist or Protestant School in Northwest Arkansas?

True college prep schools are seldom Baptist and if Protestant tend to be Lutheran or Episcopal, for whatever reason - probably that there is less conflict between them and other denominations. A large college prep nondenominational prep school along the lines of Pulaski Academy would likely serve the role you're talking about. In Dallas St Mark's (nonreligious despite the name) and Hockaday School serve this role - these are probably the two most prestigious schools in Texas.

I also think that more college's should consider being built in the area or even in the state, especially college's that offer "higher level education". If we had college's that had large, massive technological programs, then I think the area would be able to attract technology jobs. Especially in Marion, where officials are hoping for a car manufacturer on that super site. Critics have stated that places like Detroit tend to offer much better technology eductation than places like Arkansas, which could be holding back that area. All that's out there (education wise) is a bunch of community colleges.

I also think that more college's should consider being built in the area or even in the state, especially college's that offer "higher level education". If we had college's that had large, massive technological programs, then I think the area would be able to attract technology jobs. Especially in Marion, where officials are hoping for a car manufacturer on that super site. Critics have stated that places like Detroit tend to offer much better technology eductation than places like Arkansas, which could be holding back that area. All that's out there (education wise) is a bunch of community colleges.

I know that is one thing that has held northwest Arkansas back even compared to Little Rock. We don't have a very high percentage of people with an upper level education. I'd really like to see northwest Arkansas, and for that matter Arkansas in general develop more tech jobs.

• 2 weeks later...

True college prep schools are seldom Baptist and if Protestant tend to be Lutheran or Episcopal, for whatever reason - probably that there is less conflict between them and other denominations. A large college prep nondenominational prep school along the lines of Pulaski Academy would likely serve the role you're talking about. In Dallas St Mark's (nonreligious despite the name) and Hockaday School serve this role - these are probably the two most prestigious schools in Texas.

The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod operates the largest Protestant school system in the United States. Being a member of that denomination, I must correct you about the reason for its success. It has historically emphasized education and firmly established itself in that field. I can assure you that there is extreme theological conflict between the Lutheran and Catholic denominations. Don

The Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod operates the largest Protestant school system in the United States. Being a member of that denomination, I must correct you about the reason for its success. It has historically emphasized education and firmly established itself in that field. I can assure you that there is extreme theological conflict between the Lutheran and Catholic denominations. Don

Archived