I-540 Exit Delays in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

I guess it's hard to say if anyone else will take Fayetteville's stance on this. Fayetteville is known for doing things that other cities in Arkansas would never do. There might be opposition for gated communities in other cities but I'm not sure if anyone else would actually ban them though.

Why does Fayetteville dislike and/or ban gated communities?

Rogers has quite a few in South Rogers. Tal-Mar, Pinnacle, Shadow Valley, and a few others.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does Fayetteville dislike and/or ban gated communities?

Rogers has quite a few in South Rogers. Tal-Mar, Pinnacle, Shadow Valley, and a few others.

I guess the usual main argument is that they interupt a feel of unity through the city. I don't think Fayetteville likes the idea that a small part of the city feels it needs to be isolated from the rest of the city. I do think overall Fayetteville is a very nice city, although there are a couple of areas I can think of that aren't as nice as others.

I guess the usual main argument is that they interupt a feel of unity through the city. I don't think Fayetteville likes the idea that a small part of the city feels it needs to be isolated from the rest of the city. I do think overall Fayetteville is a very nice city, although there are a couple of areas I can think of that aren't as nice as others.

Fayetteville is really nice, and it has a lot of potential. Especially to develop a more urban feel and a denser core.

Fayetteville is really nice, and especially with the downtown master plan, I would say that Fayetteville has the potential to develop a small nice sized downtown. I really have considered moving there for some time due to the efforts of the city to make the area more urban.

I know Rogers has started an urban approach, but it's not as well coordinated as Fayetteville's. The downtown in Roges has a lot of potential, but they have put into effect new regulations on buildings and such. All buildings in downtown rogers have to be developed in the main street form or else the city won't help the developer get tax breaks and such. The downtown has potential but there are some set backs.

Fayetteville is really nice, and especially with the downtown master plan, I would say that Fayetteville has the potential to develop a small nice sized downtown. I really have considered moving there for some time due to the efforts of the city to make the area more urban.

I know Rogers has started an urban approach, but it's not as well coordinated as Fayetteville's. The downtown in Roges has a lot of potential, but they have put into effect new regulations on buildings and such. All buildings in downtown rogers have to be developed in the main street form or else the city won't help the developer get tax breaks and such. The downtown has potential but there are some set backs.

I admit I particularly like Fayetteville. But I wouldn't necessarily sell out Rogers just yet. I still think it has some good potential. Although at the moment I do admit that Rogers I think seems to certainly have more of that surburb feel to it. While the downtown master plan for Fayetteville is nice it's not going to happen overnight either. But hey we could always use some more quality people down here. I'm sure there are developers down here hoping someone like you might down on over and buy one of our condos. :D

I admit I particularly like Fayetteville. But I wouldn't necessarily sell out Rogers just yet. I still think it has some good potential. Although at the moment I do admit that Rogers I think seems to certainly have more of that surburb feel to it. While the downtown master plan for Fayetteville is nice it's not going to happen overnight either. But hey we could always use some more quality people down here. I'm sure there are developers down here hoping someone like you might down on over and buy one of our condos. :D

It seems to have a lot more culture, and I wouldn't mind buying a condo. I'm sure more condo projects will be coming to Fayetteville in the near future.

Archived