• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nyxmike

Rock Hill Downtown/Textile Corridor Plan

7 posts in this topic

Here and here are links to the plan from Rock Hill's website. It looks really nice - have they begun to implement any of it? It also mentions commuter rail (and a local vintage trolley) as a possiblity, with a planned transportation center. I think commuter rail to Rock Hill would be a great idea. Atleast it shows that Rock Hill is dedicated to its downtown area and wants to attract new business and residents. Does anyone have any pictures of downtown?

Wow, looks really nice. I've always liked Rock Hill's downtown, seems more urban than alot towns around and has a lot of character.

Wow, looks really nice.  I've always liked Rock Hill's downtown, seems more urban than alot towns around and has a lot of character.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I totally love that feel too! Right when I cross the NC/SC line I don't at all feel like i've left Charlotte.

Actually we had a thread about this a long time ago in the SC section :) Still, it is a great plan. RH has alot of potential.

Here's the link to the original thread in the SC forum: Rock Hill Textile Corridor

Those old mills have great potential. Right now, they're more of a blight on the landscape, but at least plans are in place for renovation/adaptive reuse.

Yeah I totally love that feel too! Right when I cross the NC/SC line I don't at all feel like i've left Charlotte.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That southern Charlotte sprawl is no joke! :D