Bathroom remodel

arkansas_buff

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems that some of the bathhouses in Hot Springs are slated to receive $6 million in Federal money for some renovations.  Anyone have any details on this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought I mentioned this quite a while back, but that was before there was even an Arkansas forum. I visited Hot Springs in the spring and noticed they were doing a few things with some of the bath houses. I did see something there mentioning that they were going to be renovating some of the bath houses, but I never could find out what they plan on doing with them. I wish Hot Springs could develop into a city where they could reopen these buildings with their original purpose. Maybe when Johnny comes back from Philly he can update us on what's going on over in his town.

Seems that some of the bathhouses in Hot Springs are slated to receive $6 million in Federal money for some renovations.  Anyone have any details on this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did read an article a while ago about plans to renovate Bathhouse Row, but I just remember the very basic plan, not the details. Investors are looking to convert the bathouses into restaurants, retail space, etc. Several developers with different plans have submitted proposals, I'm assuming to the federal government, for approval. Then work can begin in earnest. The proposals call for the use of varying numbers of bathhouses. I'm not even sure if there's one plan that utilizes all of them. The biggest hurdle to progress is the fact that the structures are in severe disrepair, and that $6 million doesn't come close to being sufficient. I can't remember if the developers would be required to complete the renovations on buildings they use, or if the federal government will supply more funds. Hmmm... maybe the forum's Hot Springs resident can explain the situation. B)

All right all right.... so i've gotten lazy recently. I haven't kept up with much the past two weeks. My posts have all been something like "very cool."

I'll look up some information....since i seriously am in the dark about this project :-)

All right all right.... so i've gotten lazy recently.  I haven't kept up with much the past two weeks.  My posts have all been something like "very cool."

I'll look up some information....since i seriously am in the dark about this project :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh my gosh, I guess I'm surprised Johnny has heard much about this. But I'm not going to give him too hard a time about it. He has been busy recently. That and I'm sure he'd go find something about northwest Arkansas I didn't know about. :D

All right, so I found an article in the Sentinel Record about the bathhouses.

$6,059,000 will be used to rehabilitate three bathhouses: the Superior, Maurice, and Lamar.

The money will be used to renovate the interiors, including air conditioning, plaster, floors, wiring and exterior pain. It will take approximate 1 year to complete.

Rehabilitation work on all six BH's has been going on over the last three years. The Ozark, Quapaw, and Hale underwent renovations this year.

Eventually, there are plans to lease the buildings to private developers. (Ripley's Believe it or Not museum was on of the interested developers a few months ago).

And that's all.

All right, so I found an article in the Sentinel Record about the bathhouses.

$6,059,000 will be used to rehabilitate three bathhouses: the Superior, Maurice, and Lamar. 

The money will be used to renovate the interiors, including air conditioning, plaster, floors, wiring and exterior pain.  It will take approximate 1 year to complete. 

Rehabilitation work on all six BH's has been going on over the last three years.  The Ozark, Quapaw, and Hale underwent renovations this year. 

Eventually, there are plans to lease the buildings to private developers.  (Ripley's Believe it or Not museum was on of the interested developers a few months ago). 

And that's all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So still no info on what they might do with any of them? Most them aren't exactly very big. I'm not sure what you could do with the space. I bet they could make some pretty nice restaurants. If you could make it to where they could have a fully functional restaurant kitchen. But I don't know what the leases would go for on something like that.

Archived