NBA Fans..

alon504

Just wanted to say that I'm a diehard Hornets fan and if you like to talk Hornets and/or NBA, the New Orleans Hornets have the best internet fan site of all teams. Deleted There is an informative forum on the NBA here, as well. Granted the Hornets are in the beginnings of their era in New Orleans, but, serious NBA fans are alive and well and talking in New Orleans on the forum 24 hours a day!! I'm alon504 over there, as well. See ya there and here!!! Glad to be a part of this forum, as well, as I'm very involved with business news and development in Metro New Orleans...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a huge NBA fan but I do keep up with it to a certain degree. I tend to like the Texas NBA teams. Of course that does include San Antonio. I like seeing smaller market teams being able to compete at least in some sports. I also think San Antonio has been ahead of it's time in having key positions filled by foreign players. I sometimes hear some backlash of foreign players 'taking something away' from the NBA or something. I guess some fans in the US can't get into a team or something unless they are all born and raised here in the US or something.

I'm not a huge NBA fan but I do keep up with it to a certain degree.  I tend to like the Texas NBA teams.  Of course that does include San Antonio.  I like seeing smaller market teams being able to compete at least in some sports.  I also think San Antonio has been ahead of it's time in having key positions filled by foreign players.  I sometimes hear some backlash of foreign players 'taking something away' from the NBA or something.  I guess some fans in the US can't get into a team or something unless they are all born and raised here in the US or something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did you here about some kind of backlash against foreign players at? I love the NBA and like I stated I wish it to come to Norfolk one day. Dr. J use to play here when the Virginia squires were around in the ABA.

Where did you here about some kind of backlash against foreign players at? I love the NBA and like I stated I wish it to come to Norfolk one day. Dr. J use to play here when the Virginia squires were around in the ABA.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've seen it discussed on some sports shows. Some people have argued that a lot of your 'typical' NBA fans can't get into foreign players. Partially because American fans won't know a foreign players background compared to someone here in the US. Also mentioned was some foreign players names being too odd believe it or not. This wasn't mentioned on some local sports talk show either, this was something national. Personally I think it's pretty silly, I say a team should go get the best player they can. I don't care if that person is white, black, foreign.

Its nice to finally see some New Orleans forumers join to site.  I'm looking forward to hearing more news about things going on in the South's most urban old school city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I've been surprised to not see New Orleans really represented here. We've tried to make NCB feel welcome on the Arkansas forum.

Its nice to finally see some New Orleans forumers join to site.  I'm looking forward to hearing more news about things going on in the South's most urban old school city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im happy to see more people from here posting as well..for a city of its size, New Orleans doesnt seem to get much attention in most of the forums

lol and thanks mith...i am really enjoying the AR forum

I have to say I am the biggest Orlando Magic fan ever. Unfortunately being a very transient city I have noticed that unless we win a title we don't sell out games. Of the people that attend games half of them are there to see the team from the city they are from. I am not sure how this fits with a specific topic, but was just wondering about other forumers experiences in their own city.

It has been that way in New Orleans...certain teams draw sell-out crowds and others draw small crowds. A terrible record also is particularly hard on NBA teams, as well, with attendance. The Hornets are still new to New Orleans but appear to be passing that benchmark as they have finally sold a decent amount of season tickets for this upcoming season and have sold, by far, more than they ever have since coming to New Orleans. I love going to Hornets games. They are a blast, IMO. There is so much more to the experience than just basketball, but, the very fast play of the NBA is no comparison to all other basketball games, IMO. These guys in the NBA are really the best and amazing things can be seen at just about any game....

• 2 weeks later...

It has been that way in New Orleans...certain teams draw sell-out crowds and others draw small crowds.  A terrible record also is particularly hard on NBA teams, as well, with attendance.  The Hornets are still new to New Orleans but appear to be passing that benchmark as they have finally sold a decent amount of season tickets for this upcoming season and have sold, by far, more than they ever have since coming to New Orleans.  I love going to Hornets games.  They are a blast, IMO.  There is so much more to the experience than just basketball, but, the very fast play of the NBA is no comparison to all other basketball games, IMO.  These guys in the NBA are really the best and amazing things can be seen at just about any game....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude I wished they came to Norfolk. We keep getting close but never seem to pull a pro team. WE NEED A TEAM! :wacko:

Archived