Highway bill brings millions to the area.

Ramcharger

I've heard plan after plan. My grandmother heard plans of a subway back in the 20's. Let's hope some of this comes to fruition and the taxpayer money isn't squandered on arches and other rediculous things this time. I have a very hard time seeing anything happening unless you and I pony up the dough to make it work. Even Coleman got hundreds of millions and what did we get- a train that goes one way around downtown. Even then, that was supposed to connect into a wider transport system. That said, light rail such as what Portland, OR has is our absolute best bet bot cost-wise and for ease of routing.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rbdetsport:

$100 would make $500,000,000, but you make a valid point. If spread out over a reasonable timespan, since these projects wouldn't happen overnight, that could make it an easier sell for the metro. The hard part is getting enough of these 5 million people to agree even that much money in taxes isn't a waste.

rbdetsport:

$100 would make $500,000,000, but you make a valid point. If spread out over a reasonable timespan, since these projects wouldn't happen overnight, that could make it an easier sell for the metro. The hard part is getting enough of these 5 million people to agree even that much money in taxes isn't a waste.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My mistake, I fixed it, but really i don't think $100 in taxes is going to make someone poor.

Archived