Jonesboro Developments

arkansas_buff

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the real-estate in Arkansas is also among the cheapest in the Nation.

That could be another reason.

That certainly helps, although that doesn't apply to northwest Arkansas. Arkansas also happens to be the only southern state without a major automobile factory. I guess it's just a matter of time before someone comes here.

That certainly helps, although that doesn't apply to northwest Arkansas. Arkansas also happens to be the only southern state without a major automobile factory. I guess it's just a matter of time before someone comes here.

Someone will certainly build here.

I know Toyota announced that they were going to build their plant in San Antonio, but since Toyota is going to pass up GM as the number one car manufacturer, there's still a chance that Toyota could build another plant in North America.

I would like to see one in Northwest Arkasnsas but the Delta area needs one more than us.

Someone will certainly build here.

I know Toyota announced that they were going to build their plant in San Antonio, but since Toyota is going to pass up GM as the number one car manufacturer, there's still a chance that Toyota could build another plant in North America.

I would like to see one in Northwest Arkasnsas but the Delta area needs one more than us.

There's a good chance Toyota will build another one, it's more a question of when. Sure it would nice to have something like that in northwest Arkansas, but I just don't see it happening in the near future. We've having a hard enough time filling factories with the way things are now. I don't think many would want to put yet another factory with it being so hard to fill positions in our current market. I would imagine Ft Smith being the best bet in our current area. Better railroad access and more importantly river access.

There's a good chance Toyota will build another one, it's more a question of when. Sure it would nice to have something like that in northwest Arkansas, but I just don't see it happening in the near future. We've having a hard enough time filling factories with the way things are now. I don't think many would want to put yet another factory with it being so hard to fill positions in our current market. I would imagine Ft Smith being the best bet in our current area. Better railroad access and more importantly river access.

Fort Smith also has a good airport with 2 runways, along with I-40 and I-540 right in there back yard. Fort Smith would be a good choice.

Fort Smith also has a good airport with 2 runways, along with I-40 and I-540 right in there back yard. Fort Smith would be a good choice.

I certainly agree, especially if I-540 gets upgraded to I-49. Then it will have yet another good reason. I do think for now Marion will be the place to be for now. But maybe in the near future, Ft Smith can start making some serious shots at some of these plants.

I certainly agree, especially if I-540 gets upgraded to I-49. Then it will have yet another good reason. I do think for now Marion will be the place to be for now. But maybe in the near future, Ft Smith can start making some serious shots at some of these plants.

I hope so, but things like air pollution, and workforce training are limiting Marion for a super project.

I hope so, but things like air pollution, and workforce training are limiting Marion for a super project.

That's right I forgot about the pollution problem with being so close to Memphis. I guess that's going to be one thing to hold back Marion to a certain point. But I do hope that area also becomes a bright spot, like Jonesboro, in an otherwise depressed area of eastern Arkansas.

That's right I forgot about the pollution problem with being so close to Memphis. I guess that's going to be one thing to hold back Marion to a certain point. But I do hope that area also becomes a bright spot, like Jonesboro, in an otherwise depressed area of eastern Arkansas.

I agree. But they are getting a Hino Motors Truck Facility valued at $150 Million.

Marion is also close to that new rail facility, already has existing infastructure, the land is flat and ready for construction, I-40 and I-55, is near the Mississippi River, and within a few miles of the Memphis International Airport.

If a few issues can get sorted out, then I think it will work out for Marion.

I agree. But they are getting a Hino Motors Truck Facility valued at $150 Million.

Marion is also close to that new rail facility, already has existing infastructure, the land is flat and ready for construction, I-40 and I-55, is near the Mississippi River, and within a few miles of the Memphis International Airport.

If a few issues can get sorted out, then I think it will work out for Marion.

I've wondered if Pine Bluff might also be a possibly future site. Good access to the river, good railroad access since it used to be the Cotton Belt's HQ. I-530 connects it to I-30 and basically i_40 and they are building a connector road from Pine Bluff to the future I-69. About the only thing that might be a hindrance are qualified workers and maybe a smaller airport.

I've wondered if Pine Bluff might also be a possibly future site. Good access to the river, good railroad access since it used to be the Cotton Belt's HQ. I-530 connects it to I-30 and basically i_40 and they are building a connector road from Pine Bluff to the future I-69. About the only thing that might be a hindrance are qualified workers and maybe a smaller airport.

Possibly, but among other issues, a more quailfied work force is needed. I hope Pine Bluff does a turn around. Seems like Springdale has passed them up in population numbers.

Possibly, but among other issues, a more quailfied work force is needed. I hope Pine Bluff does a turn around. Seems like Springdale has passed them up in population numbers.

Yeah, for a long time they were fourth in the state but now everyone is passing them up. First Fayetteville and now Jonesboro and Springdale. If they don't turn things around Rogers, Hot Springs and Conway could be next.

Yeah, for a long time they were fourth in the state but now everyone is passing them up. First Fayetteville and now Jonesboro and Springdale. If they don't turn things around Rogers, Hot Springs and Conway could be next.

I've heard that population estimates of some of those cities:

Fayetteville around 70,000

Springdale 62,000

Rogers 48,000

Bentonville 29,000

Jonesboro 59,000

Conway around 58,000

I've heard that population estimates of some of those cities:

Fayetteville around 70,000

Springdale 62,000

Rogers 48,000

Bentonville 29,000

Jonesboro 59,000

Conway around 58,000

The northwest numbers are around what I've heard. I'm not sure about the other cities like Jonesboro and Conway. Last I heard Pine Bluff was around 55,000, but they've been slowly losing population so they could be heading down closer to 50,000.

Interesting positive press about Jonesboro - Entrepreneur magazine released its list of the nation's best cities for entrepreneurs:

Jonesboro #6 amongst small cities :thumbsup:

Fayetteville/Springdale/Rogers was #28 amongst small cities

Little Rock is #14 amongst mid-sized cities.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/bestcities/0,5...8-Small,00.html

Interesting positive press about Jonesboro - Entrepreneur magazine released its list of the nation's best cities for entrepreneurs:

Jonesboro #6 amongst small cities :thumbsup:

Fayetteville/Springdale/Rogers was #28 amongst small cities

Little Rock is #14 amongst mid-sized cities.

http://www.entrepreneur.com/bestcities/0,5...8-Small,00.html

Arkansawyer beat you to it. It probably got lost in between all the other responses on here. But still a good job by Jonesboro.

But, good to see.

Is there a new Interstate being developed to connect Memphis and Jboro?

Yes, US 63 will be upgraded to an interstate, which I believe will be designated I-555. I'm not sure of the time table, or if it has perhaps already started. I also know that there has been some talk about a future interstate to connect Jonesboro and Little Rock. Hopefully arkansas_buff, the forum's Jonesboro reprasentative, can give us the scoop.

Yes, US 63 will be upgraded to an interstate, which I believe will be designated I-555. I'm not sure of the time table, or if it has perhaps already started. I also know that there has been some talk about a future interstate to connect Jonesboro and Little Rock. Hopefully arkansas_buff, the forum's Jonesboro reprasentative, can give us the scoop.

Yeah it does seem odd that they've managed all this growth without an interstate yet. Although my area had that same problem for a while also. How northwest Arkansas became a trucking mecca with no interstate and the dangerous hilly roads in the area I'll never understand.

I'm sure more Interstate's will be developed in NW Arkansas.

Isn't the 412 Bypass supposed to be an interstate like road?

Yeah, but who knows when that will be done, or for that matter even started. They talked about I-540 for 20 years before they finally finished it. But the way I understand it all of the 412 bypass will be a closed interstate quality road and the sections further away (like further west towards Siloam Springs) will be an open access divided highway. They're slowly widening 412 in sections. I think one day in the future they're wanting to have it 4 lanes through northern Arkansas..

The Future I-555 project is already underway. I'm betting it's about 1 year from completion. US 63 has been at interstate standards from Jonesboro to Marked Tree for several years. From Marked Tree, it becomes a divided US Highway.

The AHTD is currently constructing overpasses in Marked Tree, Tyronza, and Gilmore. They are also constructing access roads in Marked Tree for local traffic. Finally, there is a major upgrade to the interchange at I-55 and I-555 near Marion (Turrell). A map will probably help you better understand.

This should cut my drive time from J-Town to Memphis by 15 minutes or so. Tyronza has a TERRIBLE speed trap!!!

Another Great Development going on in Northeastern Arkansas.

Looks like a 27-hole golf course, 124 room 5-star hotel, and 30,000 convention center will becoming to Village Creek State Park near Wynne.

It will also include a swimming pool, restaurant, pro golf shop, and a wedding chapel. The project is on about 600 acres off of Arkansas 284 in the state park.

Apparently, this will be one of the top 100 courses in the Nation, from what NWAnews is saying.

Archived