Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fruit Cove

How long have you lived in Jacksonville?

How long have you lived in Jacksonville?   35 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you lived in Jacksonville?

• 0-1 year
    • 1-3 years
    • 3-5 years
    • 5-7 years
    • 7-9 years
    • 9-11 years
    • 11-13 years
    • 13-15 years
    • 15-17 years
    • 17-20 years
    • 20-25 years
    • 25+ years

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

I was born here 30+ years ago. My family has been here over 100 years. I guess I am an oldtimer. :)

Officially two years, this November. However, if it means anything, my parents stayed here in the early 1970's and visited quite often to see old friends, during my younger years, so I've always been pretty familiar with the area.

Going on 19 years for me. I'm proud to say Jax is the only home I've ever known.

Born at NAS Jax in 1977 with brief stints in Boston, Tallahassee, Gainesville and New Orleans. So many changes over the years.

umm. 4 months. im a jax noob. also i live in riverside and am not a yuppie. thirdly, i dont like to capitalize my forum posts.

I've lived here 28 years, not all consecutive. I spent 4 years in Gainesville '86-'90 and 5 years in Charlotte, NC '99-'04.

born and raised - moved to away for 2 years and came back = 28 years

I don't live there now, but I used to. I grew up in Jax, from 1993 to 2000, so I just voted "7"....

I was born at the old St. Lukes on 8th St in 1970, moved to Tampa for college (6 years) and spent about 1.5 years in Boynton Beach (contract work for Motorola that paid very, very well). I am back in Jacksonville, living in Springfield where my maternal grandmother was born on her family's porch and where she lived until she married my grandfather, who was also born in and lived in Springfield but moved with his family to Baker County during the depression (hunting and farming proved more reliable than did my great-grandmother's washing clothes for anyone who could afford to pay her).

Springfieldian: Where did your family live in Springfield? My grandparents lived in Springfield for over 50 years. They may have been neighbors.

My grandparents lived there too, lol. They left in the great suburban movement of the 60s and 70s.....

My grandparents lived there too, lol.  They left in the great suburban movement of the 60s and 70s.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^ Same here. My mom was born in Springfield. But my grandparents moved out in the 60's.

Maybe the Springfield connection allows us to appreciate downtown and the intown neighborhoods of Springfield, Riverside, etc. more.

32 years, save 3 years away at college.

Jacksonville is home.

Even though I moved away almost a year ago, I was born and raised in Duval. Spent 4 yrs at college in God's Country, a.k.a. Tallahassee and worked/lived in Miami and Broward counties for 2yrs after college. After that 2yr stint I moved back to J'ville and worked there for 2yrs. Now I'm living in Chandler, AZ a suburb of Phoenix. I have family all over the state in clusters. I hope to make FLA my permanent home at some point.

born and raised. Lived in clay county past 3 years.

4th generation Floridian.

born and raised. Lived in clay county past 3 years.

4th generation Floridian.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

me too :silly: my grandparents grew up in springfield & riverside, but then all moved to the spring park area (st. nicholas) to have their kids..

I have lived in jacksonville my whole life (19 years) and my family, both close and extended, have lived here for a very long time.