LA-MS subforum

NCB

well there is now a poll up for "should there be an LA-MS subforum"..hopefully it will work thist time.

I was wondering how many people asked for a arkansas subforum and how long it took you guys to get it?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Johnny asked for there to be one, that was before I started coming here. There was talk of several areas. Around the same time a Oklahoma and Alabama forum were started. At the time they didn't think there was enough demand for a Lousiana forum. After talk of having combined forums the moderators didn't like the idea. They prefer having individual forums for each state. You might also put a topic like this in the general southeastern US forum. That's where Johnny had his at.

Never mind I see there is one there.

This brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask. Is there a state that Louisiana identifies with? Which would you say does Louisiana have more ties to, Mississippi, Arkansas, or Texas? Granted maybe it depends on what part of Louisiana you live in.

This brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask.  Is there a state that Louisiana identifies with?  Which would you say does Louisiana have more ties to, Mississippi, Arkansas, or Texas?  Granted maybe it depends on what part of Louisiana you live in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

North-east Louisiana really identifies itself with south Arkansas, espesially the Shreveport Bossier City area. "The sportsmans paradise" in NW Louisiana is the same type of land and area a SW arkansas. SE Lousiana identifies itslef with South Mississippi, this is why some people do say New Orleans is the capital of south Mississippi. West Louisiana is basically exactly the same as SE Texas, in terms of people, industry, and land. NW Louisiana is really identified with North Mississippi in terms of people and land. Central South LA(cajun country) is there on its own..there arent many places in the south that you could even try to compare this area to.

We are trying to get a LA-MS subforum because it would really involve SE Louisiana and the New Orleans area, which is very similar to south Misssissippi

We are trying to get a LA-MS subforum because it would really involve SE Louisiana and the New Orleans area, which is very similar to south Misssissippi

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A Mississippi forum would involve much more than the MS coast.

If the main idea is to get a Louisiana forum, I say go for that instead.

A Mississippi forum would involve much more than the MS coast.

If the main idea is to get a Louisiana forum, I say go for that instead.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We hope the Mississippi part of it would really bring in people from all over the state..it would be much more interesting and more news that way, same thing with tha LA part of it

We hope the Mississippi part of it would really bring in people from all over the state..it would be much more interesting and more news that way, same thing with tha LA part of it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm still not sure if the moderators will go for it. There was a lot of talk about Arkansas being grouped together with another state. The it was a long debate over which state it should be with. But I got the impression the moderators prefer to have a state on their own.

I see what your saying, I remember there being talks about an arkansas-oklahoma forum, but that obviously didnt happen.

I think that if a forum involving New Orleans at all would work out, the word could be spread about urbanplanet through business and news sites throughout N.O. And im sure the same would happen along MS's gulf coast and through Jackson andother cities in MS. I think that Baton Rouge could really get involved as well, with the population growth there and new developments popping up, the same goes for Shreveport.

I just want to thank everyone from the AR forum who posted in the LA-MS subforum topic, your help is greatly appreciated :)

I see what your saying, I remember there being talks about an arkansas-oklahoma forum, but that obviously didnt happen.

I think that if a forum involving New Orleans at all would work out, the word could be spread about urbanplanet through business and news sites throughout N.O. And im sure the same would happen along MS's gulf coast and through Jackson andother cities in MS. I think that Baton Rouge could really get involved as well, with the population growth there and new developments popping up, the same goes for Shreveport.

I just want to thank everyone from the AR forum who posted in the LA-MS subforum topic, your help is greatly appreciated :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you heard any more news of this? I posted a response in the topic under the general southern section also. Don't be afraid to be vocal about this. I think you've done a pretty good job about getting all this started. Now if you could just get some of the other New Orleans forumers to get a little more vocal. We didn't get an Arkansas forum overnight. We kept talking about it and didn't let people forget about it and we eventually got our Arkansas forum.

Well there were posts in the thread saying that stating what was going on around New Orleans and the state of LA would really get other forumers interested in what was going on in LA. So i posted a list of news and projects coming out of LA, but since then there have only be 2 votes placed and one response..I sent a message to monsoon about alon504 and i being members to Hornersreport.com and Saintsreport.com, two forum websites discussing news,sports,and developments across New Orleans and Louisiana. I am going to post a thread about this site on those sites, to hopefullyy get tha ball rolling and bring in more NO and LA forumers. Hopefully that will work.

You should probably make a new thread dedicated to developments in LA, instead of posting a reply on the LA-MS topic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^^thats what i am working on now. But first i need some of you guys' opinions, should i just scrap tha Louisiana-Mississippi deal and continue with a LA only forum that really involves N.O., or continue on with the LA-MS idea?

^^thats what i am working on now. But first i need some of you guys' opinions, should i just scrap tha Louisiana-Mississippi deal and continue with a LA only forum that really involves N.O., or continue on with the LA-MS idea?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd lean more to just a LA forum. I really got the impression the moderators don't like mixing states together like that. But I think you can leave the door open in case they change their mind.

I'd lean more to just a LA forum.  I really got the impression the moderators don't like mixing states together like that.  But I think you can leave the door open in case they change their mind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Mith thats probably what im going to do. I posted a section titled "New Orleans & Baton Rouge Pics" in the "photos" section. Do you think i should also post that in the main southern USA section? I am already going to post the news/developments from LA in the southern usa section, but i dont know if that would be enough

Archived