Construction Thread- Star Tower

bic

I went by the Star Tower site today and noticed that heavy construction equipment is now on site and has cleared most of the land. This marks the first sign of construction beginning on Star Tower that, so we should be expecting to see excavation shortly.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is awesome. I guess UPSDAN has another update to make. So then this is the U/C list in downtown (correct me if I'm wrong):

1. Solaire (parking deck)

2. Plaza North

3. Plaza South

4. Sanctuary (topped off)

5. Jackson (almost topped off)

6. 801 N. Orange (site work)

7. 55W (what a joke)

8. Fed Cthse (topped off)

9. FAMU (topped off)

10. CNL 2 (topped off)

11. Star Tower (site work)

12. Vue (site work)

did not include Osceola Brownstones or that building near Marks and Magnolia.

Utsler Star Tower and North Orange is under construction now and Sanctuary is almost done. What can we expect from them next?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have heard that when the Star Tower gets to the point where the Sanctuary is at now, thats when we will here more about Kodsi's Main & Main plan. This is supposed to be a huge development at the NW Corner of Colonial & Orange. I got to give Steve Kodsi credit on designing, constructing, and finishing projects close to the original time table.

but the site doesnt seem to be large, hopefully it will be compact like Orlando city place.

And cant wait for Palm Beach Landtrust to come up with an Orlando Rcokefellar center....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I've walked by the M&M site, unless I'm misjudging the boundary, it seems huge. Easily comparable to the PBL (Pizzuti) lot if not larger. Doesn't it include all the buildings along 50 between Orange and Garland and all that undeveloped land to the north? I think they could sqeeze about 6 tradition towers on that land.

I drove by there this morning, the site is cleaned and half the road is closed with a few hot construction workers in sight.

Wonder what they are going to do with the empty land across from the Star Tower.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lucerne Towers is building a senior high-rise.

• 3 weeks later...

Star Tower construction update:

The site has been excavated and has retaining walls in place. It's not too much other than a big hole in the ground, but that only puts it slightly behind The Vue as far as construction progress goes.

• 3 weeks later...

The last time I saw the Star Tower site (less than a week ago), it appeared to be at around the same point in the construction process as the Vue was in mid August. Meanwhile, the Vue's site was first cleared around early May, while Star Tower's was cleared around the last week of July. So with its rapid rate of site preparation, it seems like Star Tower has the potential to go vertical in the next couple of weeks, doing so in roughly 2 months, where it took the Vue 4 months to do so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived