Construction Thread- Star Tower

bic

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the Jackson and Eola South were designed before they got wind of the condo boom, b/c they didn't utilize their respective lots to the fullest by going vertical enough.

That MIGHT be true. Living in Eola South I've talked with the developer about this issue. They said at the TIME, this was what was approvable by the city. If you look at either lot, literally every inch possible horizontally is used. Eola south is actually a bit tight (I dare you to try and get into and out of the garage with an SUV without a 5-point turn).

Anyways, I think the idea was to graduate up away from the lake... so everyone could share the view. That's obviously not true, though all with Paramount and the Vue. The ugly-ass 530 central has been grandfathered. Man that is a yucky building. :sick:

And they just put up a sign across the street for Eola Place.

p10301748ju.jpg

Should we be excited about this b/c of this sign? I have been pretty skeptical of Eola Place since it was first announced. But now we have a sign --- how much cred. does this add, if any?

That MIGHT be true. Living in Eola South I've talked with the developer about this issue. They said at the TIME, this was what was approvable by the city. If you look at either lot, literally every inch possible horizontally is used. Eola south is actually a bit tight (I dare you to try and get into and out of the garage with an SUV without a 5-point turn).

Anyways, I think the idea was to graduate up away from the lake... so everyone could share the view. That's obviously not true, though all with Paramount and the Vue. The ugly-ass 530 central has been grandfathered. Man that is a yucky building. :sick:

Should we be excited about this b/c of this sign? I have been pretty skeptical of Eola Place since it was first announced. But now we have a sign --- how much cred. does this add, if any?

Well, I guess everything that gets posted on this board should pretty much be useless until a building is completely topped off?

Ground breaking doesn't even exactly mean a project will get finished. Look at the pink disaster on Carrier Drive or the Superchannel building in Altamonte.

It's just a sign. But contracts are a sign, renderings are a sign, demolishing a building is a sign. Signs, signs, everywhere signs. It's a sign that someone from their sales office got off their ass and decided to make something happen.

Ha, ha, ha! A little Fletch action there, I luv it!

The Majesty is an awesome looking half-done bldgs. I bet you Emerson #2 will get done quicker than it does. Emerson #1 looks pretty good.

THose pink Carrier Drive bldgs. were a unigue situation. Actually, no. THat bldg. at Universal and Sand Lake was a skeleton for years until the hotel built an addition and added to it to "salvage" it. Hopefully, none of this ever happens again in this town.

If you travel on I-4 west at Ivanhoe exit and look south, you see Sanctuary to the east with a gap between it and Waverly. Star Tower's crane is right inbetween the two and Paramount will close the gap between Star and Waverly. It will look nice. Imagine the view from 408.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived