Construction Thread- Star Tower

bic

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe there's a problem with it.

You guys act like the construction company has never built a building before. I'm pretty sure there is a method to their madness. Maybe they don't intend to use the second crane until the building gets higher. I think that is a much more reasonable explanation. But who knows ... probably not us.

You guys act like the construction company has never built a building before. I'm pretty sure there is a method to their madness. Maybe they don't intend to use the second crane until the building gets higher. I think that is a much more reasonable explanation. But who knows ... probably not us.

??? where's this coming from?

A more reasonable explanation? bravo.

You told us absolutely nothing. So your explanation is now at the top of the pecking order of guesses from forumers who know nothing about this particular construction company's construction schedule or method. bravo again.

And why couldn't there be a problem with the second crane? Vue started construction with those other mobile cranes then assembled the 2 blue towers that have been active since the 2nd floor was poored. Star is finishing up the first level already.

So, why would these guys not assemble the 2nd crane yet:

1. they haven't procured it yet, or

2. they have, but there's a problem with it, or

3. its not on schedule to be deployed yet, or

4. they abandoned the need for it after further review of the plans.

Personally, I don't care why, but it doesn't take a genius figure out that its one of those reasons listed.

upon further review, I think I had too much caffeine in my system when I responded the the post yesterday.... please ignore the 'tude and look at the substance of the rest of it... my bad.

I often inject too much 'tude myself. Regrets. I know I didn't add any facts. My point was only this. I tend to think the professionals know what they are doing and I like to think positive on these projects and not hold the developers to my expectations. But it's anybody's guess and you are certainly welcomed to express your's. Again, regret the 'tude.

It's a full blown crane! :) Drove by this evening and there's two big, big cranes.

The 2nd floor is coming along really nicely. (Also the next-door Jackson is looking like it's 90% done).

I never realized how terrible the jackson interacts with the street until I drove by the other day.

march 11, 2006

crane 2 up - first crane visible in upper right corner

star16yt.jpg

closeup of crane 2 crew finishing build of crane

star26ju.jpg

driving down jackson, it looks like the cranes are much further apart than they really are, which in turn makes star tower seem much larger until you get to the site.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived