Retail and Restaurant Offerings In Arkansas

RemusCal

What does everyone in Arkansas want as far as Retail and Restaurant offerings are concerned?

I live in NWA and I would like to see us get more trendier restaurants and retail stores. A Nordstrom dept store would be great as well as offering such as The Cheesecake Factory, Ruths Chris Steakhouse, and PF Changs. Little Rock just got a PF Changs which is a sign that retail and restaurants are changing in Arkansas. Little Rock I also believe is behind in retail offerings. I mean Dillards is about it in the high end market. There is enough money in LR for other higher end offerings. I know for sure NWA could support something like Saks with all the millionaires up here. Anyway...What are your thoughts?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are too many....

-Apple Store

I love Apple. Why can't they just put a little store in the mall so we don't have to order online or lose out on special deals at compusa?

-Discovery Channel store

-That crab place......fudruckers?

-Hard Rock Cafe----come on, we have good music history in the natural state across all genres.

I'm not very good at this..................... it will take a while for my brain to warm up.....

What does everyone in Arkansas want as far as Retail and Restaurant offerings are concerned?

I live in NWA and I would like to see us get more trendier restaurants and retail stores.  A Nordstrom dept store would be great as well as offering such as The Cheesecake Factory, Ruths Chris Steakhouse, and PF Changs.  Little Rock just got a PF Changs which is a sign that retail and restaurants are changing in Arkansas.  Little Rock I also believe is behind in retail offerings.  I mean Dillards is about it in the high end market.  There is enough money in LR for other higher end offerings.  I know for sure NWA could support something like Saks with all the millionaires up here.  Anyway...What are your thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the board RemusCal. Nice to have someone else from northwest Arkansas. It's taken a while but I think some places that have snubbed Arkansas are starting to reconsider. I've heard of PF Changs but can't say I know much about it. Never heard of Ruths Chris Steakhouse. I thought I heard of a Saks Parisian store to be built in Rogers 'lifestyle center'. Not sure when Nordstroms would consider Arkansas. How similar is it to Dillards?

There are too many....

-Apple Store

I love Apple.  Why can't they just put a little store in the mall so we don't have to order online or lose out on special deals at compusa?

-Discovery Channel store

-That crab place......fudruckers?

-Hard Rock Cafe----come on, we have good music history in the natural state across all genres.

I'm not very good at this..................... it will take a while for my brain to warm up.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I deffinantly agree with Discovery Channel store. I think you must mean something besides Fuddruckers. We have one and it's a burger place. I am sometimes surprised to see some of the restaurants we've gotten that aren't in Little Rock.

Saks Inc. announced that it will open a new prototype Parisian store in Little Rock in 2006. Dillards is countering with another new development in West Little Rock. The intended location for Saks is the Pleasant Ridge shopping center off of I-430 and Cantrell. This is good news for shoppers in Little Rock!

Other shopping developments in LR include high-end retail stores Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma, which are to open next fall in a multimillion dollar Little Rock shopping center that is to include nearly 30 stores. The project is named Midtowne Little Rock and is to be an open-air center at the corner of Markham Street and University Avenue, across the street from Park Plaza Mall. The new stores will be part of the Little Rock neighborhood's first major retail development in nearly 20 years.

Yes, I live in NWA. It is time for Arkansas to move up in the world and start getting retail that bigger cities have. NWA is on its way to getting more of the big city stuff. You wouldn't believe how many people in Rogers shop online b/c there is no shopping in Rogers. We have to get the higher end stores in NWA or we won't have any valuable tax money to help with infrastructure. I think it is a matter of time before we move up in the world. Nordstrom is a dept store similar to Dillards but has better brands. I think Dillards is just plane boring, old man type of clothes. We need more trendy stores for younger people in their 20s and 30s.

I know I mentioned this on another thread, but it's just so dog gone exciting!

Jonesboro will see two new restaurants opening in March of '06- Chili's and Chuck E Cheese's! The Chili's has been a long time coming because of the fact that Craighead county is dry ("for which I am very thankful" Quote from Gandalf on FOTR). Don't even get me started on the Chuck E Cheese's! I almost wet my pants when I heard the news :blush: .

It's a good time to be in NEA!!!

Archived