Guerilla Warfare

Ruso

What should you do against threatening guerrillas?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What should you do against threatening guerrillas?

• Military action
    • Neutrality

Now, I know this might seem as a trivial, uninteresting topic for most but I'll post it anyway. As it is well known among some, the South American nation of Colombia is the first most murderous in relation to crimes per capita, in the world. Their war against the already famous FARC (Colombian Revolutionary Armed Forces) has made of this country one of the most dangerous in the world, sharing the label with Sudan and even Israel. Despite that, the surrounding nations have, until the now, most of the time kept their neutrality. Recent investigations, however, demonstrate that many of the unfortunate crimes which have been commited in the southern neighbor of Ecuador, are related to guerrila interests from Colombia. The ecuadorian state finds itself with the question of whether to act, close the frontiers and oficially declare war on FARC, fearing their unpredicatble retaliation, or maintain their neutrality. It is now official that there are militant cells of the guerilla inside ecuadorian territory, and inside ecuadorian cities. Should one of the policies include the increasement of requierements for colombian visitors to enter the territory?

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_mur_cap

• 5 weeks later...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

^^excellent point John Denver, though for FARC and like cells they matured past that point long long ago. SunD, I am as shocked as you at his comment, wouldn't use anything personal against him, I'd actually like him to talk more about it if he truly feels that way. The best we can hope for is to expose this kind of terror for what it really is.

Ruso, as far as Ecuador goes man that is really an awful situation. The fact of the matter though is that the nation is already engaged in military action with them, so why not make it on your terms. If you have cells operating inside Ecuador the government is obligated to take actions for its citizens safety and welfare.

Ruso, as far as Ecuador goes man that is really an awful situation. The fact of the matter though is that the nation is already engaged in military action with them, so why not make it on your terms. If you have cells operating inside Ecuador the government is obligated to take actions for its citizens safety and welfare.

It is, in fact, an awful situation. Although currently, most people are thinking about different stuff like the Soccer World Cup, or the November elections, Colombia's cancer is spreading extremely fast. A lot of people prefer to ignore what is happening, but it is a fact that there have been attacks on Ecuadorian territory.,

The problem is that if the Ecuadorian government intervenes, then it stops being neutral, and thus, we gain a very strong and frankly scary enemy: FARC. So far, the attacks have been made, though in our territory, against colombian troops. So, it is a very complicated issue.

:ph34r:

Ah, I see. You just know that sooner or later one stray bullet or them blowing up by accident an oil rig or taking out the wrong troop carrier is going to bring the Ecuadoran troops into it. Powderkeg to be sure.

• 2 months later...

I suppport most Marxist guerrillas like FARC-EP and Shining Path. I wish them luck.

Uhmmm...isn't FARC and EP like evil as in, (FARC) "lets sell cocain, get rich, and start beef with EP to play with our toys" (ak's) - EP "we have nothing else to do so lets kick their ass, but we need money, cocain anyone?"

Archived