Metro Orlando Headlines

bic

I don't think Cristal is a ghetto champagne. It may have been adopted by the Hip Hop community but they were selling years and years before rap was ever invented. My guess is the name is based on something French, since French means classy!

I don't think Cristal is a ghetto champagne. It may have been adopted by the Hip Hop community but they were selling years and years before rap was ever invented. My guess is the name is based on something French, since French means classy!

MPB Member #1: "Mr. Chair, I make a motion to approve staff's recommendation to approve case number ZON2007-00000062536, with the additional condition that the applicant has to give the project a less retarded name than "The Cristal."

MPB Members #2 through #9 (in unison): "SECOND!"

MPB Chair: "Can we do that?"

Staff: "Actually, yes, it's o.k., and yes, it's the stupidest project name we've ever heard."

Wi-Fi debuts in Orlando -- a bit late, but a lot faster :thumbsup:

Chris Cobbs {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted March 24, 2007

It's months behind schedule, and its developer is still trying to determine how to make the investment pay off, but free wireless Internet is starting to reach the streets of downtown Orlando.

And there's an unexpected upside for users: They will be able to access the Internet at speeds that could be as much as 10 times faster than anticipated, making for a snappier experience with e-mail, online shopping and other tasks.

Web surfers can now get online in a test area that extends roughly from Robinson to South streets and from Orange Avenue to Lake Eola in the city center

Article

Edited by MaXxlife

Orange: Let's wait to vote on venues

David Damron

Sentinel Staff Writer

March 24, 2007

Florida lawmakers' drive to overhaul property taxes could further delay a vote to approve Orlando's $1 billion downtown sports and arts venues deal.

Orange County Mayor Rich Crotty's top manager on Friday told commissioners it would be prudent to delay an anticipated April vote to approve a new arena, performing-arts center and Citrus Bowl renovations.

"Given the tax-reform uncertainty and the potentially unfavorable outcomes on the property taxes," County Administrator Ajit Lalchandani wrote in a memo, "prudence requires us to avoid prematurely finalizing a community venues funding plan until the legislative session ends in early May."

A vote by Orange County and Orlando commissioners now appears likely in mid-May at the earliest.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...eadlines-orange

Orange: Let's wait to vote on venues

David Damron

Sentinel Staff Writer

March 24, 2007

Florida lawmakers' drive to overhaul property taxes could further delay a vote to approve Orlando's $1 billion downtown sports and arts venues deal.

Orange County Mayor Rich Crotty's top manager on Friday told commissioners it would be prudent to delay an anticipated April vote to approve a new arena, performing-arts center and Citrus Bowl renovations.

"Given the tax-reform uncertainty and the potentially unfavorable outcomes on the property taxes," County Administrator Ajit Lalchandani wrote in a memo, "prudence requires us to avoid prematurely finalizing a community venues funding plan until the legislative session ends in early May."

A vote by Orange County and Orlando commissioners now appears likely in mid-May at the earliest.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...eadlines-orange

Like i have said before.They are going to keep screwing around with this and the magic will pull out leaving us with nothing.I dont know why they cant just go ahead and get this done.Did anyone see in the paper where Harris Rosen wney kayaking hope the thing sinks with him in it!!

WASHINGTON--A top venture capitalist and a prominent biotechnology industry business consultant today both said that the biofuels industry is poised for exceptional growth and that ethanol from cellulose appears to be the most promising alternative fuel over the long-term. During keynote speeches at the World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing, Vinod Khosla of Khosla Ventures and Dr. Jens Riese of McKinsey & Co. also highlighted the significant reductions in greenhouse gas emissions achievable with ethanol from cellulose. The fourth annual World Congress runs March 21-24 at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort in Orlando, Fla

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/03/22/041097.html

Doug Guetzloe has officially been arrested and indicted on charges stemming from testimony he provided in the Expressway Authority scandal

This is a joyous event all Orlando residents can celebrate!

The man has been a thorn in the side of every civic leader who ahs tried to get anything done for the past decade

He prevented Mobility 20/20 (which I thought was a good idea) from advancing I-4 into a mega road through downtown that would relieve much of the traffic on the interstate and the 408 in the long term

He could very well have fought the OPAC/Arena/Citrus Bowl intiiative had he not been weakened this past fall

Serves him right

Guetzloe has been the eptiome of all that is corrupt and arrogant for the region for far too long

The reign of terror is coming to an end

WASHINGTON--A top venture capitalist and a prominent biotechnology industry business consultant today both said that the biofuels industry is poised for exceptional growth and that ethanol from cellulose appears to be the most promising alternative fuel over the long-term. During keynote speeches at the World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing, Vinod Khosla of Khosla Ventures and Dr. Jens Riese of McKinsey & Co. also highlighted the significant reductions in greenhouse gas emissions achievable with ethanol from cellulose. The fourth annual World Congress runs March 21-24 at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort in Orlando, Fla

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/03/22/041097.html

That's great news that we can use fat people to provide fuel. Wait...that would be ethanol from celluLITE. Never mind.

Winter Park-based Eagle Commercial Construction Co. on Wednesday announced it should complete the $700,000 buildout of a 5,000-square-foot restaurant space for Urban Flats at The Plaza by early April.

Full Article: http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/sto...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

not unless these guys are double-timing this deal. there's no drywall up yet; only metal wall framing as of earlier today. I'd say late April-early May.

Doug Guetzloe has officially been arrested and indicted on charges stemming from testimony he provided in the Expressway Authority scandal

This is a joyous event all Orlando residents can celebrate!

The man has been a thorn in the side of every civic leader who ahs tried to get anything done for the past decade

He prevented Mobility 20/20 (which I thought was a good idea) from advancing I-4 into a mega road through downtown that would relieve much of the traffic on the interstate and the 408 in the long term

He could very well have fought the OPAC/Arena/Citrus Bowl intiiative had he not been weakened this past fall

Serves him right

Guetzloe has been the eptiome of all that is corrupt and arrogant for the region for far too long

The reign of terror is coming to an end

This is great news he is a pain in the butt.Hope he gets sent up for a long time

Office REITs: Building Momentum

[November/December 2006]

By Jennifer D. Duell

Sector Strength and Recovery Rates Vary Regionally

Year-to-date, the Orlando office market has had the largest decline in vacancy rates, down 162 basis points to 8.4 percent. After Orlando, the inland markets of Cleveland, Chicago, Memphis, Phoenix, Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston boasted the largest vacancy declines, according to Friedman, Billings & Ramsey (FBR) research.

http://www.nareit.com/portfoliomag/06novdec/sector.shtml

This is great news he is a pain in the butt.Hope he gets sent up for a long time

And even if he doesn't do time, let's hope his "career" (or whatever you want to call it) is finished. I can't believe that after all the things that have been revealed about him that he still has a radio program.

What kind of radio station would want to be associated with someone like that, and who in their right mind is even listening to him???

:dontknow:

The old Just for Feet will be a Total Wine & More --- I recently checked out the other new one on Dale Mabry in Tampa and it had a great wine, beer, and liquor selection - it should be a great addition to the area and some competition for ABC...

This opened up on Thursday. The Grand Opening is this Saturday.

It's freaking awesome, blows ABC away. They have a ton of different wines, beers, liquor, and best of all- their prices are the lowest I've seen. Definitely worth checking out.