Metro Orlando Headlines

bic

So this is competing with the medical cluster that Kuhn want to build south of downtown. Now, we have a few of these kind of town center surronding perimeter of downtown.

1. SODO

2. Kuhn Medical Cluster south of downtown

3. Mills Ave

4. College park village

5. The high school purchased land next to Lake Highland.

What's up at Doc's

150-room hotel to be built atop downtown restaurant.

Orlando Business Journal Article

SUMMARY:

Developers plan to build a 150-room hotel on top of Doc's Restaurant by adding up to 8 floors to the existing structure. It should be completed in two years if there are no delays. And of course, it's being designed by Baker Barrios. The University Club still plans to move into Doc's while Tradition Towers is constructed but their lease agreement with Doc's won't begin until Broad Street Partners finishes buying the land at 150 E Central Ave. and "financing for Tradition Towers falls into place."

wow. that is fascinating stuff. the only byproduct of the H is H2O. I guess O-Town isn't as backwards-arse as some of us believe.

they delivered hydrogen powered cars a couple of years ago and they were used by D of Forestry and Orange County. Not sure if they are still in service.

they delivered hydrogen powered cars a couple of years ago and they were used by D of Forestry and Orange County. Not sure if they are still in service.

Progress Energy has one too. I rode in it at a seminar I attended. It's a converted ford focus. I think it cost $400,000 because it's a proto type.

Wow! $400,000 for a Ford Focus.

• 2 weeks later...

wow. that is fascinating stuff. the only byproduct of the H is H2O. I guess O-Town isn't as backwards-arse as some of us believe.

Keep in mind, hydrogen may be the most abundant element in/on the earth but it doesn't like to be alone.... It still has to be 'made' somewhere and that usually is done via electralysis, and here that probably means using electricity from coal or natural gas. It's even harder to store-Wiki says even liquid hydrogen (-250 F) has 1/4 the energy density of gas.

Keep in mind, hydrogen may be the most abundant element in/on the earth but it doesn't like to be alone.... It still has to be 'made' somewhere and that usually is done via electralysis, and here that probably means using electricity from coal or natural gas. It's even harder to store-Wiki says even liquid hydrogen (-250 F) has 1/4 the energy density of gas.

I believe the Dept of Energy has made a call to all companies for a solid form (for safety) that holds a certain density of H. A university in (I believe) Holland or Amsterdam has already created a solid form beyond the specs by the DOE and nothing is being done. The process did not involve changing the temperature. The H is stored in pellets shaped like hockey pucks.

Just heard on the evening news tonight (Channel 9 I think) that the city has decided not to build aprtments above the new fire station to be located where the old bus terminal now sits.

They're now talking about a commercial office tower instead, due in part to the notion that the noise from the fire engines pulling out with their sirens blaring would create a nuisance for residents there and make it an unnatractive place to live.

So maybe now we'll get a taller and better looking high rise there.

Edited by JFW657

Just heard on the evening news tonight (Channel 9 I think) that the city has decided not to build aprtments above the new fire station to be located where the old bus terminal now sits.

They're now talking about a commercial office tower instead, due in part to the notion that the noise from the fire engines pulling out with their sirens blaring would create a nuisance for residents there and make it an innatractive place to live.

So maybe now we'll get a taller and better looking high rise there.

sweet. that would be a great place for another 400+. imagine how that cluster would look then.

I thought someone here already reported that.

I don't think so, inasmuch as it was just reported on the evening news about 20 or 30 minutes before I posted it.

But if they did, my humblest apologies.

sweet. that would be a great place for another 400+. imagine how that cluster would look then.

And hopefully it would mitigate the chunkiness of 55W.

I don't think so, inasmuch as it was just reported on the evening news about 20 or 30 minutes before I posted it.

But if they did, my humblest apologies.

And hopefully it would mitigate the chunkiness of 55W.

I believe I read and article a few days ago saying offices would be 5-6 stories. I don't think we're looking at 400+.

I believe I read and article a few days ago saying offices would be 5-6 stories. I don't think we're looking at 400+.

if a man can't have his dreams, what can he have?

sorry for the deja voodoo. i'm piggybacking off a shoddy internet connection at work.