Metro Orlando Headlines

bic

Yeah, I was actually looking up their rate chart yesterday and noticed that there are no city garages that you can rent a spot for a month or more. There is no overnight parking at any city garage. What's up with that? What if you are working downtown and stay late, decide to eat, go back to work and go home after midnight? You're screwed. It is just as bad as having restrictions on the drinking hours. How are we going to have a vibrant downtown core without 24 hours operations?

Edited by bulldogger

Orlando CityPlace to file for Ch. ll protection

http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/hig.../23/story1.html

well, that would explain why they won't light the exterior the right way. so much for OCP.

again, I had stated it before... why convert the existing hotel which was outdated to begin with instead of demolishing it and building from scratch with taller ceilings, etc?

what's going to happen to District 5, or are they just leasing the space?

Orlando CityPlace to file for Ch. ll protection

http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/hig.../23/story1.html

With the way things have been going recently, I'm not surprised.

At least they refurbished that nasty looking hotel. Looks pretty nice now. Anyway, uptown is where things will be happening in the future, not west of I-4.

Not entirely true, if the arena get built, things will get interesting on West side of I-4. Just the arena budget is higher than all the uptown projects combined. I am sure a hotel tower will probably follow the arena on west end of I4. Hopefully someone will build a plaza with retails there.

Orlando-area real estate lures buyers from abroad

Simmi Aujla {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

July 24, 2007

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...0,2283550.story

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring the aussie!!

this should be posted in the Miami forum, where some of those townies claimed that Miami hands down is a more recognizable name than Orlando. Really? If that's so, then why are foreign investors investing in the Orlando name more than in the Miami name? Miami is twice our size. I guess Orlando's name holds more clout when it comes to marketing a property for resale overseas.

HD Supply opens electrical distribution center

When there were talks in Orlando shortly after the buyout of Hughes Supply by Home Depot, everyone was speculating that HD was going to move their HQ to either Jax or here. A lot of people thought that they were coming here. This is what the talks were actually all about when Hughes lawyers, HD lawyers, and the city were meeting.

'Ambassadors' on Segways to tout downtown Orlando

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/community/n...,0,920115.story

I always thought these things looked cool and futuristic at Disney and I welcome them to help Downtown in it's personalty makeover. I wonder if we will start to see pedicab vs. segway races? Now that would be Original!

Edited by MaXxlife

RED LIGHT CAMERAS IN ORLANDO.... 1st offense - $150, 2nd offense - $150, 3rd offense - $250

and here's where:

-Colonial Drive at Garland Avenue

-Colonial Drive at Magnolia Avenue

-Robinson Street at Rosalind Avenue

-Orange Avenue at Michigan Street

-Dixie Belle Drive at Michigan Street

-Gore Street at Orange Blossom Trail

-John Young Parkway at L.B. McLeod Road

-Kirkman Road at Conroy Road

-Kirkman Road at Vineland Road

-Kirkman Road at Major Boulevard