Metro Orlando Headlines

bic

I believe that officially squashes any hope that University Club was gonna move in there while their club was rebuilt. Alas TT we hardly knew thee.

no; not so fast just yet... the TT guy had told me something a few weeks back about U-Club having to make alternate arrangements for their temp space b/c of something... I guess this is that something...

no; not so fast just yet... the TT guy had told me something a few weeks back about U-Club having to make alternate arrangements for their temp space b/c of something... I guess this is that something...

true. U-Club is leaving there regardless of how TT goes. The building is coming down eventually...

Fast Company Magazine (June 2008 issue) names Orlando as one of 12 GLOBAL cities best for innovation. Only 3 cities in the U.S. were named (Seattle and Kansas City are the other 2)

"There's more to Orlando than Mickey. It's now a hub for two burgeoning industries: interactive games -- a lively scene has sprouted around the Electronic Arts studio behind Madden NFL -- and biotech. A new medical complex in the Lake Nona area will house a University of Central Florida med school and a branch of the famed Burnham Institute for Medical Research."

• 3 weeks later...

well, a quick rundown of area projects going up is:

1. SODO

2. Village at Lake Lilly

3. *Great Wheel

4. *WDW Bowling Pavilion

5. Hilton OCCC

6. Peabody expansion (really)

7. Millennia 7 story apt/garage combo

8. FH South expansion

9. Paramount

10. 55W

11. The Current

12. Dr. Phillips Hospital expansion

13. Contemporary II

14. Waldorf-Hilton complex

15. Orlando Premium Outlets expansion

16. Hilton Grande Vac.- Midtown

17. Lake Eve Resort-- I-Drive

18. 408/I-4 Interchange

19. Anderson St. Bridge and ramps to I-4

20. 414 extention to 429

21. Rouse Rd. widening (408-University)

22. TNPK widening-- 429 Beulah Rd. to I-4

23. there's more....

well, a quick rundown of area projects going up is:

1. SODO

2. Village at Lake Lilly

3. *Great Wheel

4. *WDW Bowling Pavilion

5. Hilton OCCC

6. Peabody expansion (really)

7. Millennia 7 story apt/garage combo

8. FH South expansion

9. Paramount

10. 55W

11. The Current

12. Dr. Phillips Hospital expansion

13. Contemporary II

14. Waldorf-Hilton complex

15. Orlando Premium Outlets expansion

16. Hilton Grande Vac.- Midtown

17. Lake Eve Resort-- I-Drive

18. 408/I-4 Interchange

19. Anderson St. Bridge and ramps to I-4

20. 414 extention to 429

21. Rouse Rd. widening (408-University)

22. TNPK widening-- 429 Beulah Rd. to I-4

23. there's more....

23. The SR 408 expansion (The LK underhill bridge and Toll Plaza were two completely different projects)

23. The SR 408 expansion (The LK underhill bridge and Toll Plaza were two completely different projects)

24. Rialto-- Sand Lk. Rd.

25. Dellagio-- Sand Lk. Rd.

26. Whole Foods-- Sand Lk. Rd.

27. Smart Car/ Astin Martin Dealership-- Millennia

for some reason, I'm drawing a blank on other projects...

Don't forget Magic's new Arena,Supercenter Wal-mart in Altamonte Springs,some Albertsons becoming Publix,Publix building another store in Mount Dora,Flyovers at 436 and Red Bud Road and 17/92,other Road Construction on 436/441 and so on.

good points:

28. Burnham

29. UCF Med School

30. Nemours Lake Nona

31. VA Lake Nona

32. UF Biomed Lake Nona

33. FH Bldg. Lake Nona

and the list goes on...

I'm doing a wait-and-see on all the Seminole ramps projects for now...

Also...

The Gardens at Millenia

Millenium Parc Retail and Hotel

Millenia Crossing

Whole Foods Marketplace

Dellagio

The Fairfield Inn and Suites/Springhill Suites by Seaworld

The Element and Aloft Hotels Convention Center

The Westin Lake Mary

The Hyatt Place Lake Mary

The Residence Inn Lake Mary

The Square

The Hilton Convention Center

good points:

28. Burnham

29. UCF Med School

30. Nemours Lake Nona

31. VA Lake Nona

32. UF Biomed Lake Nona

33. FH Bldg. Lake Nona

and the list goes on...

I'm doing a wait-and-see on all the Seminole ramps projects for now...

Probley with Wal-mart Managers Convention coming here more Places to Sleep will show up.

More Off and On Ramps before and after 436.

Western Beltway expansion.

Lee Vista.

Hotels up by Lake Mary.

Outlet Mall's expansions.

Places replacing the closed Linen N Things.

Lowe's and Wal-mart Supercenter by 17/92 and 436.

TV Building,Residental Development and so on by Cranes Roost.

^^

wow. good stuff.

keep it coming...

I totally forgot about The Square. hope it still moves forward.

^^

on the prior page, I listed some of that stuff already.

what's amazing is a list of RECENTLY completed projects within the last 2-3 years-- that would be staggering.

-----------------------------

I am really curious to see what happens to the abandoned hotel project behind Dixie Stampede. I wonder if Premium buys it and levels it or if an investor buys it and completes it.

The Sandy Lake Towers were of course bought by Westgate Timeshare and the second tower (closest to Carrier & Universal) finally opened up completely a couple of months back, and Orlando's former major blemish is now lit up at night and looks ok. THe other blemish was the Lexington which became Crowne Plaza recently. Next up, is the conversion of the Sheraton Studio City to I believe a Four Points-- that's what the sign looks like it's saying on the south face (last week).

^^

wow. good stuff.

keep it coming...

I totally forgot about The Square. hope it still moves forward.

^^

on the prior page, I listed some of that stuff already.

what's amazing is a list of RECENTLY completed projects within the last 2-3 years-- that would be staggering.

-----------------------------

I am really curious to see what happens to the abandoned hotel project behind Dixie Stampede. I wonder if Premium buys it and levels it or if an investor buys it and completes it.

The Sandy Lake Towers were of course bought by Westgate Timeshare and the second tower (closest to Carrier & Universal) finally opened up completely a couple of months back, and Orlando's former major blemish is now lit up at night and looks ok. THe other blemish was the Lexington which became Crowne Plaza recently. Next up, is the conversion of the Sheraton Studio City to I believe a Four Points-- that's what the sign looks like it's saying on the south face (last week).

Just down the road from Westgate towers a number of years ago was a shell of a hotel that stood abandoned then later became the Crowne Plaza at Universal and Sand Lk. Now only to finish the eyesore on I-4

Just down the road from Westgate towers a number of years ago was a shell of a hotel that stood abandoned then later became the Crowne Plaza at Universal and Sand Lk. Now only to finish the eyesore on I-4

I remember that. what a great conversion that was. ironic that it's the same hotel brand involved.

the I-drive corridor south of SLK, between it and Universal Blvd., is like an island of dense development. it's making its way north little by little, hopefully to the end that there will never be another repeat of an abondoned project in the future.

The Pointe condos should've been flush with Universal Blvd. instead of recessed along Carrier.