Metro Orlando Headlines

bic

they've actually done a huge renovation. Looks good but don't really agree with the mix of styles they have. They have super modern furniture in the lobby but the carpets are floral and there are huge ornate chandeliers. It is a huge improvement over the adams mark though, it was way overdue.

My prom was in the Adam's Mark...tragic.

Richard Crotty is lobbying for Lufthansa to begin non-stop service from Orlando to Germany. Concurrently, Buddy Dyer and OIA's director of marketing, Vicki Jaramillo, are in Spain visiting Air Madrid and Iberia Airlines.

Orlando Sentinel Article

Not tremendously relevant to our discussions, but I was a bit surprised to learn that our two mayors are so involved with the ongoings of airport operations. Or maybe they just enjoy taking "business" trips to Europe...

Edited by bic

I went to Edgewater and our proms were at different places each year, I went to two--The Adam's Mark (I think it was 2000) and the American Pavillon at EPCOT (2001), I really cannot remember which one was worse.

I went to Dr Phillips, I attended prom my junior year at the Omni Rosen Hotel on I Drive, and senior prom at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Where was yours held at, bic?

I went to Edgewater and our proms were at different places each year, I went to two--The Adam's Mark (I think it was 2000) and the American Pavillon at EPCOT (2001), I really cannot remember which one was worse.

Edgewater ... senior prom at Tupperware '72 .... girlfriend's Winter Park senior prom Contemporary Hotel '73.

• 2 weeks later...

There are no jumbotrons proposed for Dynetech (that I know of), and the ones proposed for the Plaza are inside...

There are no commercials allowed on the Jumbotron for News 13. They are allowed to display their signal, but when they go to commercial they are required to display community announcements (i.e. orlando will not be permitting giagantic electronic billboards in the future).

Just based on what was stated in the article, it appears that jumbotrons can be had through a couple of loopholes as long as they either advertise goods/services that the establishment offers or if they are located within the building itself. I'd love to have a debate with the City of Orlando about this ordinance just to see what new developers could get away with.