Metro Orlando Headlines

bic

ohh nice! i was wondering who was going to occupy that awesome location! ive seen a few of these pop up around town, but have yet to step in...has anyone been any good?

Do we need another sandwich place downtown? But I am glad it is Jimmy John's--I like them a lot better than Subway.

ohh nice! i was wondering who was going to occupy that awesome location! ive seen a few of these pop up around town, but have yet to step in...has anyone been any good?

I've been to the ones by UCF and I would say they're leaps ahead of Subway and Quizno's. I refuse to eat at the Wall St. Subway.

You mean you don't like the mildly retarded guy working the counter that tells you that you are not in the right place for ordering if you are one foot to the left or right of the Order Here sign???

Ouch!....and I thought I was the only one he yells at lol.

Agreed with FLHeat, such a prime spot for a sandwich shop, good or not. Pizza or subs? Oh what varieties!

^^

boy does that suck... especially for Forbes Cos. & Millenia. I pray that other retailers of the high end type do not follow suit. otherwise, we'll be left with nothing but Sears and Wal-Marts.

If the economy doesn't turn around this year Sears / Kmart may not be long for this world either. Sears bought Kmart a few years ago for the value of their real estate holdings. With real estate values being the way they are, they're getting upside down on that venture. Sales suck, so they may have trouble meeting debt payments on real estate not worth what it once was. It could get ugly fast for Sears.

If the economy doesn't turn around this year Sears / Kmart may not be long for this world either. Sears bought Kmart a few years ago for the value of their real estate holdings. With real estate values being the way they are, they're getting upside down on that venture. Sales suck, so they may have trouble meeting debt payments on real estate not worth what it once was. It could get ugly fast for Sears.

If that does happen I hope that they can at least spin off the Craftsman line into a separate company a la Snap on or something. My tools are supposed to be guaranteed for life.

Just a slight correction: KMart actually bought Sears (after Eddie Lampert took over KMart) and the name was promptly changed to Sears Holdings. It is sad what Eddie, who held wide disdain for retailers and proceeded to do it himself and made matters much, much worse, has done to a once venerable icon of American retailing *sigh*.

Just a slight correction: KMart actually bought Sears (after Eddie Lampert took over KMart) and the name was promptly changed to Sears Holdings. It is sad what Eddie, who held wide disdain for retailers and proceeded to do it himself and made matters much, much worse, has done to a once venerable icon of American retailing *sigh*.

You're right. I wondered if anyone else knew that. KMart actually purchased Sears, but the deal was structured and recorded as if Sears bought KMart because the Sears name recognition was better percieved than KMart.

You're right. I wondered if anyone else knew that. KMart actually purchased Sears, but the deal was structured and recorded as if Sears bought KMart because the Sears name recognition was better percieved than KMart.

Much like how Arby's bought Wendy's but kept the Wendy's brand.

This isn't really a news headline, but it is local news & will probably be in the papers if it hasn't already been, but I heard today that the Albertson's at Orange & Michigan is closing next month & a Whole Foods is taking it's place.

the albertsons is definitely closing, they're having going out of business sales already. It's a great location for a Whole Foods, I was worried it'd stay vacant. Hopefully they all stay viable (and prices stay competitive).

the albertsons is definitely closing, they're having going out of business sales already.

Yep. That's where I heard it. I dropped in to check it out & asked an employee why they were having the "Inventory Blowout Sale" as they call it, & he told me they were closing next month. When I asked him what was taking their place, he told me it was Whole Foods.

BTW.... their big "Blowout Sale" is nothing of the kind, unless you need to stock up on greeting cards. The meat dept. products are reduced a whopping 5%. WHOOPEE!!!!!!! All other food items are an even "whoppinger" 15% off their already inflated prices. Another big WHOOP. The cards are 60% off, which may constitute a good deal for someone who sends a lot of cards.

By the time the discounts get to a substantial level, there will be nothing left but crap nobody wants.

Same way these things always work.