Metro Orlando Headlines

bic

Anyone see this article...

Bird Droppings Prompt Orlando Warning Signs

http://www.local6.com/news/8182571/detail.html

I just can't beleive this is any sort of solution!

If anyone has been on Central lately, by Sam Sneads, you'd have seen this. Its aweful. This is just not your average bird droppings. and the smell!!@!

I first noticed it back in Decemeber, and looking at the trees and sidewalk from above, my girlfriend thought it was fake snow being sprayed onto the trees. But I was like, why and how, would they spray the TOP of the trees! When i went down on the street, it was pretty damn obvious what it was.

Now, I know it may sound like, its just bird cr@p, deal with it. And i could, if this was your average bird. but you have to understand, these birds are gigantic and respectively is their sh#@. they land on my balcony rail and cr@p all over, and dont move, even if i come out onto the balcony. I have to throw water at them for them to leave.

The article said they migrated to the trees on Central when they removed the trees on "bird island". Now remember walking around the lake, when you got to the bird island side, the smell was aweful, and that was 50 meters off shore. Imagine that now, right on Central Blvd! Summer is comming, and the heat isnt going to make things smell any better. I can tell you sitting outside at Sam Sneads to eat is not going to be pretty.

So apparently we cant move their nests, but for some reason we were able to cut the trees down on the island because the birds were polluting the water!

ok, fair enough, but inhaling all this cant be healthy, what about polluting our lungs! there must be a health reason we can relocate these nests.

Edited by pip

:blink:

Jesus Freaking Christ.

We might as well resign ourselves to the fact that the entire state will be developed in another 20 years.

Well.....be realistic....the land is owned by private individuals, and in a capitalist society, they have the right and need to make money....and development is currently good money.

There are two options.

1. Make bad development less profitable (through impact fees and whatnot), in which case the desire to develop will lessen.

2. Have the state buy significant portions of undeveloped land, to protect them from development. (but we do really want to spend our tax money on this?)

Well.....be realistic....the land is owned by private individuals, and in a capitalist society, they have the right and need to make money....and development is currently good money.

There are two options.

1. Make bad development less profitable (through impact fees and whatnot), in which case the desire to develop will lessen.

2. Have the state buy significant portions of undeveloped land, to protect them from development. (but we do really want to spend our tax money on this?)

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those people who's going to say "SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!!!". I'm just rolling my eyes at the thought of it all. More power to them if they want to develop that land, but I'm afraid it's not going to be pretty...

Banning people from conducting business?

I thought I am in America.

As if we have any freedom left and protected by our government. Instead, they don't protect, they just find new and inventive ways to take that freedom away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Orlando International Airport officials have decided to spend $350,000 to study the concept of an intermodal transit hub that would connect the existing and planned south terminal to the rest of Orlando via trains, buses, taxi cabs, and rental cars.

Read the Orlando Sentinel Blurb

I caught this as well. Good news to hear; however, I wonder just how extensive a study can be for $350k these days. It seems that wouldn't result in much more than a little Power Point presentation.. :shades: