Manchester new economic development chief

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Borek knows he's arrived in Manchester at an exciting time. His job is to keep the economic momentum going and growing and he's eager to do just that..."

thats great news, lets hope he keeps manchester on the move.

manchester has all the tools to work with. population base, location etc...it will be interesting to see what the city looks like in about 100 years if it keeps advancing at the pace it is now. i bet it could surpass 200,000 in population by 2050.

"But downtown housing has to reach a critical mass before retailers come..."

this might be good for new high rise developments in manch. are there any high rise residential towers there now? i know there are some plans for condo towers by the ball park, ut howabout just average priced apartments buildings that are lke 10 - 15 stories? that would help with this retail problem thing and it would definately help fill in the skyline.

There is the Wall street tower apartments. There used to be a resturaunt on top of it called the High Five. I dont know if its still open. But those are kind of expensive I think. Everybody drives Porsches that live there LoL. Ill try and take pics of it.

There is the Wall street tower apartments.  There used to be a resturaunt on top of it called the High Five.  I dont know if its still open.  But those are kind of expensive I think.  Everybody drives Porsches that live there LoL.  Ill try and take pics of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think thats the curved building, right?

There is the Wall street tower apartments.  There used to be a resturaunt on top of it called the High Five.  I dont know if its still open.  But those are kind of expensive I think.  Everybody drives Porsches that live there LoL.  Ill try and take pics of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl:

Don't let those cars in the front lot fool ya... those are the expensive spots. Come into the parking garage and see how we really live :)

Believe me, the apartments are nothing special on the inside, but they do allow dogs and short term leases, which is why a lot of people live here (like me!)

The top floor, previously the High 5 restaurant, is a few years into a 20 year lease. I was in the elevator once when it stopped there and got a very quick peek inside... gorgeous!! This accounts for the Maserati and BMW in the front lot :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived