Businesses I would like to see Downtown

ChadKRagland

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

java java from my recolection is starbucks. I used to work at ORMC and we have a java java stand in the cafeteria. If its not starbucks, they proudly display that they brew starbucks coffee.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks AirJay... I've been to the ORMC a lot within the past few week and I think it's 'Java Cafe' or the like. Because Starbucks stores, other than those found in Albertsons, Super Target, Barnes & Noble, airports, etc. are the only franchisees they allow; I don't think they will be brewing Starbucks coffee if they really want to be a separate entity. :huh:

I guess we'll have to wait and see... but it'll be the local coffee spot for The Vue residents before Dynetech Center opens theirs!

Toastissimo Cafe opens in Orlando

Dorimar Mercado | Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted September 13, 2005

An Italian cafe chain popular in Europe and famous for its warm, flavorful sandwiches has found its way to the New World via the streets of downtown Orlando.

The first Toastissimo Cafe in the United States opened Monday on the ground floor of the Lincoln Plaza office building at Orange Avenue and South Street.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/or...mostemailedlink

:thumbsup: Interesting about Toastissimo... another European chain opened its first in the U.S. about a month or two ago in the out parcel at the Mall at Millenia. It's called 'Testa Rossa' and features Italian sandwiches, salads, pastries, espresso, wine and more. This place is GREAT. So if you are on that side of town check it out. I want to see them succeed-- plus the atmosphere is beautiful. (I want the sliding door that leads to the kitchen!)

I now remember seeing some corporate guys wearing Toastissimo shirts on the boat I was riding from the Royal Pacific Resort to Citywalk one morning. I looked online to see if I could find anything about Toastissimo and didn't find much. I've been waiting to see one show up in that space above Quiet Flight with much potential. Looks like they just may show up there.

If we do indeed get more Performing Arts downtown, businesses, etc. Would it be out of the question to add a Hard Rock Hotel to Downtown Orlando? If anything, right now a Hard Rock lounge like 'Base' in Chicago or 'Velvet' in Universal Orlando. I don't see such a lounge being too far fetched as we have the first 'Club Paris'. I'd be more likely to visit a Hard Rock lounge similar to the above mentioned downtown than Paris Hilton's. (I haven't been)

I doubt Universal Studio would allow that to happend

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Loews Hotels who operates the Hard Rock Hotel in Universal Orlando only "uses" the name. If another hotelier chose to open a Hard Rock Hotel downtown, they would have to get permission from Hard Rock. Loews (Universal) may put up a fuss, however the proposed hotelier could use the "business" target market to back themselves up as to not competing with Loews and their more "family" oriented Hard Rock Hotel. I think it would be possible without causing over saturation. Like a Westin, Hard Rock hotels are generally seen as being more business oriented and posh.

The problem is there are nothing in downtown orlando for someone to open a big hotel there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree... until we get an OPAC, more venues/shows downtown, big corporations, etc. So in the meantime we could get a Hard Rock lounge, something different from all the other bars downtown. The only thing people do downtown right now is get crunked.

A mall would of fit great inside the trade plaza. Especially with a large movie theater on the first floors. And since it would take orlando so long to get into cosmo style city, a mall right in the heart of downtown, whether there or anywhere would definitely speed up the process.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed... I was thinking the exact thing today while walking around the Mall at Millenia. It's a shame the Convention Center didn't go downtown too. (I know... I know... the order in which the Orlando metro area grew)

• 1 month later...

Dont think we have anything downtown. I think a GNC will do good. Since we have two gyms downtown and the gym rat need some place to buy their supllements. Are you planning to open one?

Other business I think would do good downtown now

Video Game Store

cellphone store

drug store

GNC

eelctronic store

Dont think we have anything downtown. I think a GNC will do good. Since we have two gyms downtown and the gym rat need some place to buy their supllements. Are you planning to open one?

Yeah, but the "Downtown Gym" (Robinson at Rosalind) has a pretty big supplement store. Granted, it mostly tailors to sports supplements, so perhaps a "health food / supplement" store would be better. You know, something to attract the non-bodybuilding health freaks!

Yeah, but the "Downtown Gym" (Robinson at Rosalind) has a pretty big supplement store. Granted, it mostly tailors to sports supplements, so perhaps a "health food / supplement" store would be better. You know, something to attract the non-bodybuilding health freaks!

Put in a Whole Foods store or something similar and that would take care of the supplements and the health food needs for all. I am sure that the Orlando area will not get two Whole Foods but there are other chains who could move into downtown Orlando.

At first the developers of Dellagio on Sand Lake Road (at Della Drive) said that they were pursuing a Whole Foods store, but last week's Orlando Business Journal reported that the chain would be constructing a new store at the southwest corner of Sand Lake Road and Turkey Lake Road, closer to I-4.

At first the developers of Dellagio on Sand Lake Road (at Della Drive) said that they were pursuing a Whole Foods store, but last week's Orlando Business Journal reported that the chain would be constructing a new store at the southwest corner of Sand Lake Road and Turkey Lake Road, closer to I-4.

Hmm... interesting location seeing as there are offices there. I guess we'll wait and see!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived