Upscale Hotels in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

They have Meadow street blocked today with a crane putting up the Chancellor sign. Stopped in for the nickle tour. It's very contemporary, all the wood, marble and brass is gone and has been replace with lots of grays, browns, stainless and glass. First impression, It's completely new, all traces of the old hotel are gone. I would call it a combination of International and Espresso Modern.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have Meadow street blocked today with a crane putting up the Chancellor sign. Stopped in for the nickle tour. It's very contemporary, all the wood, marble and brass is gone and has been replace with lots of grays, browns, stainless and glass. First impression, It's completely new, all traces of the old hotel are gone. I would call it a combination of International and Espresso Modern.

Cool, thanks for the update and welcome to the forum by the way. :)

I wish they had a little better traffic control to get around that crane- someone about crashed into me headfirst yesterday. So I guess that is the fiished product as far as the color scheme for the exterior. I had been waiting for them to complete it but I guess it looks ok...

On news north of "County Line", the new hotel in downtown Bentonville is very much taking shape. When I visited the square yesterday the site was somewhat of a curiousity with all manner of adults stopping by and staring. First time I've ever seen a construction sign advertising not only the main web link (for themselves and all parties concerned, i.e. architects, engineers, construction) but also Facebook, Twitter and YouTube links. (And not trying to complain, Mith, but indeed the exterior of that place makes a Hampton Inn (which I love staying at, BTW) look like the Hanging Gardens of Nebuchadnezzar...this hotel is so plain on the outside that I'm expecting make-you-faint fancy and amenities on the inside.)

Archived