Upscale Hotels in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

I couldn't believe they were going to put it through a massive renovation, it's hard to see where improvement was really necessary. The whole hotel's been shut down for quite a while because of this. The restaurant and bar were pretty high quality and they also do a lot of high profile wedding receptions.

I guess the Capitol's off the list because it's been closed.

I think that type of boutique hotel would do well in Fayetteville.

Yeah, now I guess someone just needs to find a good location for one. One that apparently isn't on Dickson St. I suppose there's still a chance the Divinity will eventually happen. But I don't know how good the chances are.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an FYI, the Little Rock Embassy is 251 suites, the Arlington is 400 rooms, and the Northwest Arkansas Embassy is 248 suites, and the Embassy in Hot Springs is 246. It appears they doubled the room amounts on several of the top 10 hotels, as very few of those are correct for # of rooms.

• 11 months later...

^Surely thats primer because it looks hideous.

I thought the same thing but they have been working on this for months now. So I don't know if it will eventually be painted something different. It is supposed to be a more modern hotel, in contrast to the new 18 story Renaissance Hotel with more traditional looks.

I thought the same thing but they have been working on this for months now. So I don't know if it will eventually be painted something different. It is supposed to be a more modern hotel, in contrast to the new 18 story Renaissance Hotel with more traditional looks.

Yeah same here. I think on the north side they still have a little left to paint.

It did remind me of something from Atlantic City or anything built in Miami in the 1980s.

I don't know if I prefer this look or not. I did look a little blotchy like it was a first coat or something. I think there is probably going to be new signage on the facade somewhere too. I'll wait and see.

It did remind me of something from Atlantic City or anything built in Miami in the 1980s.

I don't know if I prefer this look or not. I did look a little blotchy like it was a first coat or something. I think there is probably going to be new signage on the facade somewhere too. I'll wait and see.

I think it will be an improvement if they just get it done. The lack of finality and finishing things up to a high standard bugs me. Everything is half-done, from this building, to Bank of America, to JR Ball Plaza, to the old library building...none are completely finished and detailed. Finish up, John Nock and Co.!

M

I think it will be an improvement if they just get it done. The lack of finality and finishing things up to a high standard bugs me. Everything is half-done, from this building, to Bank of America, to JR Ball Plaza, to the old library building...none are completely finished and detailed. Finish up, John Nock and Co.!

M

Yeah it does really seem like he's spread himself too thin. I just hope he doesn't try picking up any other new projects, like one of the Barber projects. I just hope he gets the Renaissance going this Spring.

Yeah, it's terrible, but I think it is the final coat to be honest, and I was thinking I heard it on tv or read it somewhere. Hopefully there will be a lot of detailing, but I would have preferred the place not to have changed on the exterior so far.

Yeah, it's terrible, but I think it is the final coat to be honest, and I was thinking I heard it on tv or read it somewhere. Hopefully there will be a lot of detailing, but I would have preferred the place not to have changed on the exterior so far.

I heard the same thing- the detailing should soften the starkness of it. I think because it's such a change from the beige it will take time to get used to. It does look nice and clean though.

Word on the Street is that Cosmopolitan is going under. They have started to cancel future banquets and other events. They ae in the hole. This is bad news and I hope its not true.

Yeah we certainly all hope that isn't true. Not only woulds it be bad for the Cosmopolitan but bad for the city in general and for Nock. If that is the case then it would seem pretty obvious to me that there's no way the Renaissance is going to be built.

Yeah we certainly all hope that isn't true. Not only woulds it be bad for the Cosmopolitan but bad for the city in general and for Nock. If that is the case then it would seem pretty obvious to me that there's no way the Renaissance is going to be built.

They have had half the rooms under renovation for some time- surely the effects of that were taken into account when they planned the renovation. It doesn't seem like the construction activity at that site or the surrounding sites has slowed down any. Sometimes rumors can be self-fulfilling. I hope that isn't the case this time.

Word on the Street is that Cosmopolitan is going under. They have started to cancel future banquets and other events. They ae in the hole. This is bad news and I hope its not true.

Your comment is 100% unfounded and absolutely untrue. Before you add fuel to the ignorant rumour mill stop and think about your post...Why would a business that might be going under turn away future banquets and other events? Rather absurd!!! Maybe it is because they are in the middle of a redevelopment project.

I have first-hand knowledge that the redevelopment project is progressing as planned. Remember, the project was paused for football season and kicked into high gear in December. Plans are to have the renovations completed this summer. Half of the floors are being completed at a time so that some room inventory is available at all times. Limited room supply will certainly limit the hotels ability to host major events and conventions.

Nah, I don't believe that one. There is a steady business at the Cosmo and I think there always will be. The new rooms look fantastic--I've seen 'em.

M

The interior decor doesn't look bad at all. It's just too bad they couldn't convert all the guest rooms into suites like the Embassy Hotel in Rogers. I also wish they could've done something with the elevator shafts running up the sides of the building. They make the whole thing look too industrial. If only they could've replaced the plain concrete shafts with glass ones it could be an impressive building.

The interior decor doesn't look bad at all. It's just too bad they couldn't convert all the guest rooms into suites like the Embassy Hotel in Rogers. I also wish they could've done something with the elevator shafts running up the sides of the building. They make the whole thing look too industrial. If only they could've replaced the plain concrete shafts with glass ones it could be an impressive building.

Good idea aesthetically but functionally improbable. The elevators are actually in the interior core of the building. The "shafts" you mention are the fire stair towers. By code these must "fire-rated". The new clean white color however, does minimize the massing of these elements.

Yeah it does really seem like he's spread himself too thin. I just hope he doesn't try picking up any other new projects, like one of the Barber projects. I just hope he gets the Renaissance going this Spring.

I think the fact that John Nock still has so many projects going in such a volatile market is a testament to his ability to do what Barber couldn't, which is survive. I know I don't have all the information, but it seems like all his projects are moving forward at a pretty decent pace. I'm sure that the Renaissance is close to starting.

I think the fact that John Nock still has so many projects going in such a volatile market is a testament to his ability to do what Barber couldn't, which is survive. I know I don't have all the information, but it seems like all his projects are moving forward at a pretty decent pace. I'm sure that the Renaissance is close to starting.

Welcome to the forum Lethian9. That is a good point, Nock is still going while others aren't. Really I think the only problem I've heard about him is just how long it's taken the Renaissance to get going. It's a project that a lot of people have been looking forward to and seeing how other developments have disappeared without even any construction ever taking place. I just think there's a lot of concerns and fears that the Renaissance won't ever happen.

I doubt very much that this is true. In addition to the comments provided by the people that rushed to defend it, I think it's more likely that they have had to cancel events that likely shouldn't have been scheduled in the first place due to their renovation timeline. It is however, very likely that they're not turning a profit right now, and that's prefectly normal during a large renovation on a large and expensive building. I don't think Nock would have started this redevelopment if he didn't have the funding secured to ensure he could hold on to it until the end of renovations, though, he knew it was going to be costly, and he certainly spent enough buying the place. At any rate, I think it'll be a few more months at least before it's fully open again and making some decent income, but I doubt it's "going under". It simply doesn't make any sense given the situation.

Archived