Grandview Heights/Coose Hollow Condo Complex

Mith242

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably, like hiding the truth in a way.

They could be possibly trying to be positive about the whole thing so they can get people involved again when the second and third buildings come up. If you acted like this was a lose people might lose interest and not bother trying to fight when the other two come up.

They could be possibly trying to be positive about the whole thing so they can get people involved again when the second and third buildings come up. If you acted like this was a lose people might lose interest and not bother trying to fight when the other two come up.

That's true.

This could also apply to future projects.

Has anyone found any renderings of the condos?

I'm hoping now that this first tower has been passed the architects will present renderings to the public.

That's true.

This could also apply to future projects.

Has anyone found any renderings of the condos?

I'm hoping now that this first tower has been passed the architects will present renderings to the public.

I had found one small pic that I posted early on in this topic. I haven't been able to find anything else so far. KNWA had a nice computer animation of the project on yesterday. Sorta like a helicopter view around the three buildings. It seemed to have a rather sleek modern look to them. A lot of reflective glass. I wonder if they had been made to look a little less 'modern' if there would have been as much objection to them.

I confirmed some details while watching KNWA news. One building has been approved as long as it's 15 stories as Matt mentioned. The other two will have to be approved at a later time. Considering that they wouldn't approve the first to be over 15 stories I get the impression the others probably won't either. The homeowners are still vowing to fight this although I really can't see how. Are they going to go chain themselves to the trees on the future development? They really seem to be out of options to me. Since the other two are unlikley to be over 15 stories also I'd like for them to do five 15 story buildings.

I confirmed some details while watching KNWA news. One building has been approved as long as it's 15 stories as Matt mentioned. The other two will have to be approved at a later time. Considering that they wouldn't approve the first to be over 15 stories I get the impression the others probably won't either. The homeowners are still vowing to fight this although I really can't see how. Are they going to go chain themselves to the trees on the future development? They really seem to be out of options to me. Since the other two are unlikley to be over 15 stories also I'd like for them to do five 15 story buildings.

Well, at last night's meeting, one member was absent who could have swayed the vote to a definite approval. E&S is still going to try for the other 2 to be 25 stories and they can always file an appeal on the 15 story tower.

But they may just take the easy way and build the rest of them 15 stories.

Also, they still have to go to the Planning board for Sewar, Fire, and other Utilites. Now there saying it will be around a year before construction starts.

Well, at last night's meeting, one member was absent who could have swayed the vote to a definite approval. E&S is still going to try for the other 2 to be 25 stories and they can always file an appeal on the 15 story tower.

But they may just take the easy way and build the rest of them 15 stories.

Also, they still have to go to the Planning board for Sewar, Fire, and other Utilites. Now there saying it will be around a year before construction starts.

Ah, I see now. So the only thing the planning board approved at all was the first building's height.

It's a good thing contruction has started yet or the homeowners would probably blame the low lake levels on the development too. It's been around 25 years since lake levels have been this low. It sounds like it could get worse too. They saying that unless there's a rather wet winter the lake could drop another 20 feet until spring brings more substantial rainfall. Part of the problem is that the Corp of Engineers is obligated to generate a percentage of electricity. The only thing that could change that would be Congress since it's a deal with the federal government.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the fight's not over. According to KNWA some of the local homeowners are now suing Benton County Planning Board. They claim rules were broken for the vote. Apparently there was one vote with a 3-3 tie. Then there was a recess and then there was another vote with one of them switching votes. Sounds like any construction might have to be put off again till this is settled.

Well the fight's not over. According to KNWA some of the local homeowners are now suing Benton County Planning Board. They claim rules were broken for the vote. Apparently there was one vote with a 3-3 tie. Then there was a recess and then there was another vote with one of them switching votes. Sounds like any construction might have to be put off again till this is settled.

I heard about this.

It's really making me mad what these homeowners are doing. I don't think it's an illegal vote, the last voter said he would change his vote if the planners would scale downt the first buildings floors to 15. Sounds legit to me, but I'm not a homeowner. :lol:

I heard about this.

It's really making me mad what these homeowners are doing. I don't think it's an illegal vote, the last voter said he would change his vote if the planners would scale downt the first buildings floors to 15. Sounds legit to me, but I'm not a homeowner. :lol:

Yeah but guess we should have seen it coming, with the way things have gone so far.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like the Developers are now trying to overrule the appeal by the opposition.

Yeah I heard something about that but I didn't have a lot of info so I didn't post anything. Any idea if they have put a hold on any construction or groundwork because of all of this?

Yeah I heard something about that but I didn't have a lot of info so I didn't post anything. Any idea if they have put a hold on any construction or groundwork because of all of this?

I don't think construction has even started yet, because they still have to get more permits and such from the State and County. But it is slowing the progress that could be made on the project.

• 2 weeks later...

Well things are heating up and not just with this particular development. There are people now trying to get an ordinance passed to prevent other developments in some areas of the lake. But this has others worried that their land will be worthless if they happen to have land in some of these areas. Sounds like the whole Beaver Lake area is becoming quite a debate.

Well things are heating up and not just with this particular development. There are people now trying to get an ordinance passed to prevent other developments in some areas of the lake. But this has others worried that their land will be worthless if they happen to have land in some of these areas. Sounds like the whole Beaver Lake area is becoming quite a debate.

If the Lakers win the battle I still say the Condo Developers should just build their own lake. It may be feasible somehow but I don't know the laws regarding it. That way the Lakers can just watch their property values go down the drain.

If the Lakers win the battle I still say the Condo Developers should just build their own lake. It may be feasible somehow but I don't know the laws regarding it. That way the Lakers can just watch their property values go down the drain.

I've wondered about the possibilities of another lake being made in NWA. But honestly I just don't see anything on a very big scale and certainly nothing like the size of Beaver Lake. I'm not sure if a smaller lake is going to be as appealing to some.

I've wondered about the possibilities of another lake being made in NWA. But honestly I just don't see anything on a very big scale and certainly nothing like the size of Beaver Lake. I'm not sure if a smaller lake is going to be as appealing to some.

It probably won't ever happen. I can't see the Corps of Engineers building another Lake like Beaver Lake.

It probably won't ever happen. I can't see the Corps of Engineers building another Lake like Beaver Lake.

What about building the Condos in Bella Vista? There's several gorgeous lakes there. Not sure if there's room for Condos though.

True, condos at some of the Bella Vista lakes would be a great idea. Those lakes are much smaller than Beaver Lake and don't offer all the activities you would have at Beaver Lake. But they're still lakes and it's a nice setting. It's probably just a matter of time. So far everything seems to be houses in the residential market. Seems like condos would also fit in rather well. Especially since it started off as a retirement village.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally would like to see this project get approved. I have been to the Hawkins land (where the condos will be constructed) and It's a great location. Benton planning comission has approved the project, however, adjoining land owners are appealing the decision. It's scheduled to go to quorum court on Feb 9th, however, E&S Development is trying to get the appeal thrown out.

What's interesting is that E&S has already purchased the land, 170 acres more or less. If the commissions decision is appealed, ouch, could the developer have a law suite against the commission? (assuming you can sue a planning commission).

Btw, I have a picture of the project but I can't post since it's asking for a url.

I personally would like to see this project get approved. I have been to the Hawkins land (where the condos will be constructed) and It's a great location. Benton planning comission has approved the project, however, adjoining land owners are appealing the decision. It's scheduled to go to quorum court on Feb 9th, however, E&S Development is trying to get the appeal thrown out.

What's interesting is that E&S has already purchased the land, 170 acres more or less. If the commissions decision is appealed, ouch, could the developer have a law suite against the commission? (assuming you can sue a planning commission).

Btw, I have a picture of the project but I can't post since it's asking for a url.

Nice to hear from you Madisonrd. :D Yeah I imagine this will be a big mess either way. As far as posting pics you have to upload them to another location first like image shack, photobucket or flickr. Then you can use the url from that location to post the pic. If you are still having problems let me know. I'd really like to see a pic of this development. :D

Archived