Grandview Heights/Coose Hollow Condo Complex

Mith242

From that map I believe Coose Hollow is the inlet of water southeast of Avoca. Granted I suppose you could get a little closer to Rogers on Beaver lake but it's still pretty close. That northeast section of beaver Lake on the map I wouldn't mind seeing developed. But as I said before, I wouldn't want all the lake developed. Just some sections closer to the metro.

Mith, what's going to be interesting is, when these are complete, looking eastward at night from Centerton where our store's at. The western part of town is on a bit of a hill that has a great view of the lights of Bentonville all the way down to north Fayetteville. I wouldn't be surprised if these were visible when lit up at night. You'd have to know where to look and they obviously wouldn't be as big as even the skyscrapers of Little Rock, but I think one could see them on a clear night.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mith, what's going to be interesting is, when these are complete, looking eastward at night from Centerton where our store's at. The western part of town is on a bit of a hill that has a great view of the lights of Bentonville all the way down to north Fayetteville. I wouldn't be surprised if these were visible when lit up at night. You'd have to know where to look and they obviously wouldn't be as big as even the skyscrapers of Little Rock, but I think one could see them on a clear night.

I've heard you'll be able to see them from the Rogers Airport Off First Street.

This is the only rendering I could locate:

395575_4517700.jpg

Those towers are spectacular! I've always hoped that there would be modern looking highrise condos on Beaver Lake. I was also hoping they would resemble the highrise condos on Gulf beaches instead of the "toned down" buildings being built on Dickson Street. I was against them until I found out that their huge modern septic system would be much more cleaner and safer for Beaver Lake than the hundreds of old dilapidated septic systems of the "little" houses surrounding the lake. What's really great about them is that they'll be visible from everywhere EXCEPT most of Beaver Lake!

Those towers are spectacular! I've always hoped that there would be modern looking highrise condos on Beaver Lake. I was also hoping they would resemble the highrise condos on Gulf beaches instead of the "toned down" buildings being built on Dickson Street. I was against them until I found out that their huge modern septic system would be much more cleaner and safer for Beaver Lake than the hundreds of old dilapidated septic systems of the "little" houses surrounding the lake. What's really great about them is that they'll be visible from everywhere EXCEPT most of Beaver Lake!

WOW! That's WONDERFUL! HURRAYZZZZ!1111!

My god this is worst than any new building on Dickson. Goodbye Beaver Lake cry.gif

I agree with you. Imagine if Hot Springs got drinking water from the overdeveloped Lake Hamilton--yuck. If Beaver Lake was just another lake, I really wouldn't give a damn. Same with Lake Maumelle.

WOW! That's WONDERFUL! HURRAYZZZZ!1111!

I agree with you. Imagine if Hot Springs got drinking water from the overdeveloped Lake Hamilton--yuck. If Beaver Lake was just another lake, I really wouldn't give a damn. Same with Lake Maumelle.

Nah, the water will be just as clean as it was before the condos. What do you think a septic system is for? I'm more worried about those hundreds of old houses around Beaver Lake with hundreds of old worn out septic systems that are most likely leaking into our drinking water. You should be more worried about the super-sized sprawl development called Eagle's Bluff on Beaver Lake. It'll be 2,355 lakefront acres with over 4 miles of shoreline and several hundred luxury homes with easy access to Beaver Lake! Just guess where their toilets will flushing into... no not Beaver Lake silly... a septic system.

Oh, and wrong about Grandview Heights being "WOW! That's WONDERFUL! HURRAYZZZZ!1111!"... when they build 15-20 of these highrise condos it will be "WOW! That's WONDERFUL! HURRAYZZZZ!1111!"

For now they're just spectacular.

Nah, the water will be just as clean as it was before the condos. What do you think a septic system is for? I'm more worried about those hundreds of old houses around Beaver Lake with hundreds of old worn out septic systems that are most likely leaking into our drinking water. You should be more worried about the super-sized sprawl development called Eagle's Bluff on Beaver Lake. It'll be 2,355 lakefront acres with over 4 miles of shoreline and several hundred luxury homes with easy access to Beaver Lake! Just guess where their toilets will flushing into... no not Beaver Lake silly... a septic system.

Oh, and wrong about Grandview Heights being "WOW! That's WONDERFUL! HURRAYZZZZ!1111!"... when they build 15-20 of these highrise condos it will be "WOW! That's WONDERFUL! HURRAYZZZZ!1111!"

For now they're just spectacular.

So the septic is clean. It's still not on city lines. Also the main concern I have is runoff from the parking lots, increased boat traffic, increased traffic in general. All of those increase the pollution of the area.

Don't think that this will be a low impact development.

So the septic is clean. It's still not on city lines. Also the main concern I have is runoff from the parking lots, increased boat traffic, increased traffic in general. All of those increase the pollution of the area.

Don't think that this will be a low impact development.

From what I understand all the parking will be underground so that should alleviate any concerns about runoff of chemicals and such from cars. Car traffic has been the main concern from the beginning and I'm still not sure how they plan to solve that situation. I realize this will have a large impact on Beaver Lake, but I like to think that most of the impact will be positive, although with any development of this scale no matter where it is there will be some negative aspects.

So the septic is clean. It's still not on city lines.

The new system they are installing is equivalent to a miniature sewer system. A lot of the remote developments are going to start using them, as are some of the developments in areas with already overloaded sewer systems. What comes out the end is every bit as clean as a municiple water treatment facility.

The new system they are installing is equivalent to a miniature sewer system. A lot of the remote developments are going to start using them, as are some of the developments in areas with already overloaded sewer systems. What comes out the end is every bit as clean as a municiple water treatment facility.

I actually read about the septic system at the Eagle's Bluff on Beaver Lake development and it says a bit about the new water treatment system these developments will be using. It's much cleaner and safer than the old-fashioned septic systems used in the single-family homes on Beaver Lake.

I don't know if they'll do something similar here but the future Sam's in Fayetteville will have a complex filter system for runoff from their parking lot because of the nearby wetlands. They could end up doing something similar here as well.

I admit there should be some concern about water quality because it is our drinking supply. But I guess I'm not quite as alarmed as some. Ft Smith has been getting their water from the Arkansas River because of low water until they get their new dam finished. It seems to me that if Ft Smith could get something drinkable from the Arkansas River then there shouldn't be any major problems from Beaver Lake. I think conditions would have to get a lot worse before it gets anything close to being the water quality of the Arkansas River.

I admit there should be some concern about water quality because it is our drinking supply. But I guess I'm not quite as alarmed as some. Ft Smith has been getting their water from the Arkansas River because of low water until they get their new dam finished. It seems to me that if Ft Smith could get something drinkable from the Arkansas River then there shouldn't be any major problems from Beaver Lake. I think conditions would have to get a lot worse before it gets anything close to being the water quality of the Arkansas River.

Let's not forget that the Beaver Water District recently (couple years ago) completed an expansion that doubled their output capacity and there were plans at that time to build a solid waste treatment plant for Beaver Lake. If anything Beaver Lake water will be cleaner after Grandview Heights is completed... that is if they build the solid waste treatment plant.

I reiterate the fact that the hundreds of homes already existing around Beaver Lake are more of a health risk to our water supply than this highrise condo project will ever be. Another thing to keep in mind is that the Rogers Health Department (or another official department) will routinely inspect the Grandview Heights water treatment system since this will not be a private residence, but an MDU (multi-dwelling unit) which would have a more strict health code than just someone's home.

I truely believe this project will be spectacular and exactly what we needed. During the shawcase at Pinnacle Country Club, I spoke to the Engineer that's responsible for the water system. He also pointed out how responsible the developers are being in putting in a state of the art treatment system. I am also more worried about these old septic systems out there.

I went out by water to the project the other day, since coose hollow is a every deep cove, I don't think you'll even be able to see the buildings until you actually enter the cove - I personally think that a shame.

Has anymore ever been to The Lodge on Whitney Mountain? I think it's tallest point on beaver lake - anyway, the views are spectacular! I image this is what it's going to be like having a condo at Grandview.

Yes, we have established that it will have good septic systems.

That does not change Cellar's point about runoff, etc.

Yes, we have established that it will have good septic systems.

That does not change Cellar's point about runoff, etc.

Runoff from where? We've already established that it will have underground parking. Grandview Heights won't have any kind of environmental impact on Beaver Lake.

One thing I thought I'd also point out is that on a more postive note much of the metro isn't in the Beaver Lake watershed despite it's proximity. Only the eastern edges of Fayetteville, Springdale and Rogers are in the Beaver Lake watershed. Most of the NWA cities watershed actually goes west or in some heads northward. Perhaps it's somewhat helpful for Beaver Lake to have so much of the nearby metro's runoff going elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like 5 Condo Units are under contract at Coose Hollow, and the developers don't even have a building permit. Plus, 70% of all inquiries about the condo's to the developers have been from California.

I've been looking on Lindsay's website and they even have a few for sale.

It looks like 5 Condo Units are under contract at Coose Hollow, and the developers don't even have a building permit. Plus, 70% of all inquiries about the condo's to the developers have been from California.

I've been looking on Lindsay's website and they even have a few for sale.

Matt, I saw that.

The same newspaper article (atop the Benton County Daily Record that I bought today) said (echoing the magazine article quoted a couple weeks back) that originally interest was mainly local. The developers are saying sales are better than they anticipated they would be, and that three-bedroom secondary vacation home-style condos are selling most briskly.

Fascinating.

Nice to see that there is interest. Yeah I can see Californians going for those. Also just nice to see some condos going into Benton County. Granted the overall condo market is slowing down nationally. But I think there could still be some demand with all the young professionals up there. You figure some of the ones coming in from out of state, from more urbanized areas, might find a condo more appealing.

This is off topic but did anyone hear about someone drowning at Coose Hollow over the weekend? That would place it somewhere in this developments's area.

Hopefully this wasn't on E&S property, otherwise negligence lawsuits could come, plus civil lawsuits. I doubt it was, since I didn't hear anything on the news.

Hopefully this wasn't on E&S property, otherwise negligence lawsuits could come, plus civil lawsuits. I doubt it was, since I didn't hear anything on the news.

It happened when two boats wrecked into each other. One person wasn't paying attention driving their boat and hit another boat, and one person died in the accident.

Archived