Grandview Heights/Coose Hollow Condo Complex

Mith242

I hope they do plan out everything very well or it could come back to bite them in the rear. You know the homeowners are looking for one wrong thing to happen to try to stop the project.

Your right about those homeowners.

One of developers said that with the buildings being made of glass that they would be practically invisible to the eye. Of course he didn't mean what he said, but the homeowners jumped all over that and started talking about their properties and how everyday they would have to see these. They ought to be happy that there property values are going to go sky-high.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your right about those homeowners.

One of developers said that with the buildings being made of glass that they would be practically invisible to the eye. Of course he didn't mean what he said, but the homeowners jumped all over that and started talking about their properties and how everyday they would have to see these. They ought to be happy that there property values are going to go sky-high.

I guess I just find it hard to believe that none of these people thought developments like this were going to eventually start showing up at Beaver Lake. The lake is a natural focus of the area, and the area is seeing a lot of growth and development.

• 2 weeks later...

The developers have now decided that they are going to help pay for up to 50% of a road improvement between U.S. 62 and the development.

Yeah I think I also heard they are resubmitting their plans. Although I don't think they changed much of anything. I think they were basically trying to help clear up some confusion on certain aspects of their plans. I do agree with them having to pay their share of the road improvement. Although it could be argued that they should pay even a larger share since the road will mainly benefit them. But I also wouldn't try to scare off any big developments like this either. I personally think having big developments like this in the area will help.

Yeah I think I also heard they are resubmitting their plans. Although I don't think they changed much of anything. I think they were basically trying to help clear up some confusion on certain aspects of their plans. I do agree with them having to pay their share of the road improvement. Although it could be argued that they should pay even a larger share since the road will mainly benefit them. But I also wouldn't try to scare off any big developments like this either. I personally think having big developments like this in the area will help.

The road problem was about the only thing that the planning commission could hold against E&S. Now, it doesn't seem like anything is going to hold them back now.

The road problem was about the only thing that the planning commission could hold against E&S. Now, it doesn't seem like anything is going to hold them back now.

Yeah like I said I do think they should have to shoulder part of the bill on the road, but at the same time I wouldn't try to pressure them to pay a larger portion. I'd hate to give the impression that big developments aren't welcome in the area.

Looks like the condo plans will go before Benton County Planning Commission Board on November 16th.

I forgot to mention something I had heard before about this development. Apparently Rogers isn't getting a say because of a mistake some aldermen made. And that now that it has been fixed other developments this close to Rogers will also have to go through their city to be approved. I'm really not sure how they can affect developments when they aren't in their city limits but apparently they have a buffer zone around the city where they can have a say in what happens.

I forgot to mention something I had heard before about this development. Apparently Rogers isn't getting a say because of a mistake some aldermen made. And that now that it has been fixed other developments this close to Rogers will also have to go through their city to be approved. I'm really not sure how they can affect developments when they aren't in their city limits but apparently they have a buffer zone around the city where they can have a say in what happens.

I don't think Rogers will have much of a say in the development.

They only thing Rogers is concerned about is the condo's affect on the Rogers Airport.

This should get passed now. The developers have now decided to allow a heli-pad for emergencies and such, along with more upgraded storm-water control measures, and a fire-substation.

I don't think Rogers will have much of a say in the development.

They only thing Rogers is concerned about is the condo's affect on the Rogers Airport.

This should get passed now. The developers have now decided to allow a heli-pad for emergencies and such, along with more upgraded storm-water control measures, and a fire-substation.

No they won't because they have already submitted their plans and Rogers didn't catch on to their mistake till it was too late. But I did get the impression that they did want to have more of a say in it. Not saying they would want to prevent them from developing it, but to at least have some say in the matter.

No they won't because they have already submitted their plans and Rogers didn't catch on to their mistake till it was too late. But I did get the impression that they did want to have more of a say in it. Not saying they would want to prevent them from developing it, but to at least have some say in the matter.

There's really not much Rogers can say about the whole thing.

Rogers should really learn from this development, because this is going to spark growth on the cities east side. May'be more consideration should be given to high-rise development and Commercial development out along the eastern side instead of the west-side.

There's really not much Rogers can say about the whole thing.

Rogers should really learn from this development, because this is going to spark growth on the cities east side. May'be more consideration should be given to high-rise development and Commercial development out along the eastern side instead of the west-side.

Yeah I don't quite get how all this works but from what I heard from now on Rogers will at least get some say in all developments and such in a buffer zone outside their city limits. I can't recall how far this buffer extents beyond their city limits. They may not get a big say in the matter but apparently they will get some even though it will be outside their city limits.

Yeah I don't quite get how all this works but from what I heard from now on Rogers will at least get some say in all developments and such in a buffer zone outside their city limits. I can't recall how far this buffer extents beyond their city limits. They may not get a big say in the matter but apparently they will get some even though it will be outside their city limits.

The buffer zone is 5 miles extended in a circle.

Little Rock's had that buffer for as long as I can remember. It's very important as it keeps things clean so that city expense are minimized when the land is annexed, though the parts of western Pulaski Country in that zone have always resented LR for it. One of the notable things is the absence of trailer parks in and around Little Rock. By preventing them in the buffer zone it keeps them from ending up in city limits - this is very important as most established trailer sites are grandfathered in. It's unpleasant to talk about but it's a big deal as all of our cities hate that kind of eyesore.

Little Rock's had that buffer for as long as I can remember. It's very important as it keeps things clean so that city expense are minimized when the land is annexed, though the parts of western Pulaski Country in that zone have always resented LR for it. One of the notable things is the absence of trailer parks in and around Little Rock. By preventing them in the buffer zone it keeps them from ending up in city limits - this is very important as most established trailer sites are grandfathered in. It's unpleasant to talk about but it's a big deal as all of our cities hate that kind of eyesore.

It certainly makes sense, I guess I just didn't realize that cities were able to do that.

It looks like the final approval for the condos is going to be tonight.

The Grandview Heights will go before the Benton County Planning Board. Once this gets approved, construction can start.

Great, I wonder what kind of timeframe we're looking at here before this development or at least part of it might be opening.

Great, I wonder what kind of timeframe we're looking at here before this development or at least part of it might be opening.

They said construction might take 18 months.

I'm assuming a groundbreaking will be sometime in the spring for the condos, on account of the winter. I can almost gurantee it will be passed. The Board said if anyone even tries to speak out at the meeting, they will be arrested!!!

How Cool :lol:

They said construction might take 18 months.

I'm assuming a groundbreaking will be sometime in the spring for the condos, on account of the winter. I can almost gurantee it will be passed. The Board said if anyone even tries to speak out at the meeting, they will be arrested!!!

How Cool :lol:

To be honest I guess I'm a little surprised things are moving this quickly. I guess I thought the fight over this would take a bit longer. But I guess it sounds like there's just not much anyone can do at this point. I can't wiat till this project and others are nearing completion and going and taking some pics.

KNWA mentioned the condo project on the news. They had an interview with an environmental official. He said that of course the best picture for the Beaver Lake watershed was that there wasn't any development and it was kept as a 'green' area but that it was unrealistic. He also said that building up would be better than sprawling out as in a big housing subdivision that some of the homeowners seem to prefer. Music to my ears, I hope other people hear this and make not of it. Not just for this development but others also. I'd much prefer to build up than sprawl out.

:yahoo::yahoo: Hooray the Condo's passed the Planning Board :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Unfortunately, the first Tower in the Condo Development will have to be 15 stories instead of 25, but the other 2 look like they are on track to still be 25.

Maybe I misunderstood, I thought they all would have to be under 15 stories. Granted I only skimmed the paper and then I left it at work so now I can read it more thouroughly. Early on when this project was being talked about I had gotten the impression that they had thought the height could be a problem. I thought I had heard something about a possibility of there being five 15 story buildings. But I could be wrong on all this and maybe it is just the first building. Does this mean that the others will have to also be approved when they are built? I got the impression that the only way that Benton County was going to approve it was that it was strictly 15 stories or less.

Maybe I misunderstood, I thought they all would have to be under 15 stories. Granted I only skimmed the paper and then I left it at work so now I can read it more thouroughly. Early on when this project was being talked about I had gotten the impression that they had thought the height could be a problem. I thought I had heard something about a possibility of there being five 15 story buildings. But I could be wrong on all this and maybe it is just the first building. Does this mean that the others will have to also be approved when they are built? I got the impression that the only way that Benton County was going to approve it was that it was strictly 15 stories or less.

Well they approved the first building on the condition that it be 15 stories.

One member in the planning board was absent so the votes were 3-3, so they compromised. The next board meeting or so on, they will put the 2nd and 3rd buildings on the agenda.

That's the way I understood it as.

I checked out the opponents website for the condo's, and they said that the condo's weren't passed!!! :wacko: I don't know what they were thinking.

Well they approved the first building on the condition that it be 15 stories.

One member in the planning board was absent so the votes were 3-3, so they compromised. The next board meeting or so on, they will put the 2nd and 3rd buildings on the agenda.

That's the way I understood it as.

I checked out the opponents website for the condo's, and they said that the condo's weren't passed!!! :wacko: I don't know what they were thinking.

Strange, I guess I should have known that this wouldn't end up happening quite so simply. It would seem strange to me if they would allow the second and third to be the original 25 stories. Not unless this happens a few years from now and things have changed. I wonder if the opponents are trying to take the more positive view that they prevented the first one from being 25 stories or something.

Archived