Grandview Heights/Coose Hollow Condo Complex

Mith242

Well after not hearing anything about this project in a long while it's back in the news again. I didn't hear all the details but it sounds like the homeowners are trying some other legal tactic to try to stop construction. I have no idea how far along construction has come along so far.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a friend who lives by Coose Hollow, who says that the area has been fenced off, but he wasn't sure if ground work had started yet.

Last Wednesday, circuit court judge Duncan held court - adjoining land owners are sueing the Benton County Planning Commission for approving the project. The land owners lawyer, Keiklack (sp?), didn't have another proof on why the adjoining land owners property values would be hurt by the condo development. So, judge Duncan, has given them more time to gather their information. I believe the next court date is the 30th of this month.

The Developers, E&S Development, has been given approval and should be breaking ground in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Last Wednesday, circuit court judge Duncan held court - adjoining land owners are sueing the Benton County Planning Commission for approving the project. The land owners lawyer, Keiklack (sp?), didn't have another proof on why the adjoining land owners property values would be hurt by the condo development. So, judge Duncan, has given them more time to gather their information. I believe the next court date is the 30th of this month.

The Developers, E&S Development, has been given approval and should be breaking ground in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

So does this mean that they are building the 15 story condo and then still waiting for approval on the other towers, I'm a little confused. :huh:

So does this mean that they are building the 15 story condo and then still waiting for approval on the other towers, I'm a little confused. :huh:

That's what it's sounding like. Here I thought they'd also have already gotten a little bit of work done. But I guess all these problems with the landowners aren't helping.

Correct. First building was approved by planning commission so developers have the go ahead to start developing. 2nd and 3rd towers are pending approval. There is a pending lawsuit but not against the developers, it's against the commission. They claim the project will reduce their property values HA!

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like a judge is questioning quite a few of the people putting forth the lawsuit against the development. saying that it doesn't appear they are adjacent landowners and that it wouldn't have any effect on them. But despite that good news it sounds like there is one couple who are adjacent landowners who could try taking this to court.

• 1 month later...

Good News!!

The judge dissmissed the lawsuit against the developers, meaning that they are now free to continue with construction on the first condo tower of 15 Floors!! I'm sure that the landowners who filed the suit will try an appeal, but the developers can continue without any distractions. The first tower should be completed within 18 months. I can't wait for the rest of the towers to be approved!!

Good News!!

The judge dissmissed the lawsuit against the developers, meaning that they are now free to continue with construction on the first condo tower of 15 Floors!! I'm sure that the landowners who filed the suit will try an appeal, but the developers can continue without any distractions. The first tower should be completed within 18 months. I can't wait for the rest of the towers to be approved!!

This is good news although I'm not ready to count out the local homeowners just yet. They seem to keep popping up just when I think it's all said and done.

This is good news although I'm not ready to count out the local homeowners just yet. They seem to keep popping up just when I think it's all said and done.

Well, they can fight the case with an appeal, but I doubt that Judge will want to listen to that case, especially with more important issues at hand.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to an event last Sunday night held by the developers of Grandview Heights at Beaver. They and the real estate company (Element Realty) had a wonderful dinner along with a short presentation. I suppose the project is finally out of court and they are proceeding with the project. I went by the development sight in East Avoca and they have done quite a bit of work. In my opinion, this is what our area really needed.

Went to an event last Sunday night held by the developers of Grandview Heights at Beaver. They and the real estate company (Element Realty) had a wonderful dinner along with a short presentation. I suppose the project is finally out of court and they are proceeding with the project. I went by the development sight in East Avoca and they have done quite a bit of work. In my opinion, this is what our area really needed.

Were there any renders shown or did anyone say when there might be some shown publicly? There were some thumbnail-sized renders circulating around a while back but weren't very impressive. If the developer has a website it would prove very interesting to many here.

This is the only rendering I could locate:

395575_4517700.jpg

I found some renderings on www.NickyDou.com - You can also download floor plans and pricing. I also searched the listing and it's now listed on the MLS system. Not sure if it's still there but at Pinnacle Country club, there was a very impressive model on the project on display.

They are planning on moving that to their sales center in the next couple of weeks.

I found some renderings on www.NickyDou.com - You can also download floor plans and pricing. I also searched the listing and it's now listed on the MLS system. Not sure if it's still there but at Pinnacle Country club, there was a very impressive model on the project on display.

They are planning on moving that to their sales center in the next couple of weeks.

My god this is worst than any new building on Dickson. Goodbye Beaver Lake :cry:

You have to remember that the first building is only going to be 15 Floors.

That will be one of the largest in NWA. Until I saw the pictures with the buildings, I never realized how out of place they are. Atleast put them around some density on the lake. See all those pretty hills and the lush landscape. Those buildings are beautiful. Especially if the were on South Beach, not Avoca. This really is a bad idea.

As a lifelong resident of Arkansas, I have enjoyed Beaver Lake for many years. What an eyesore these will be from the lake. People don't go to Beaver Lake to see tall buildings and vast Parking lots, they go to see the natural beauty. Or atleast they used to!

Thanks for the rendering. I had posted a poor small one I had found in the original Grandview Heights topic. I'm actually looking forward to this development. Beaver lake is pretty big and I wouldn't mind seeing a section of it with some developments. Now I wouldn't want all of Beaver Lake to look like this. But some development around the Rogers area of the lake doesn't sound too bad to me.

Thanks for the rendering. I had posted a poor small one I had found in the original Grandview Heights topic. I'm actually looking forward to this development. Beaver lake is pretty big and I wouldn't mind seeing a section of it with some developments. Now I wouldn't want all of Beaver Lake to look like this. But some development around the Rogers area of the lake doesn't sound too bad to me.

Is Avoca near the Rogers area?

Yep, this is as close to Rogers as you can get on Beaver Lake.

map

From that map I believe Coose Hollow is the inlet of water southeast of Avoca. Granted I suppose you could get a little closer to Rogers on Beaver lake but it's still pretty close. That northeast section of beaver Lake on the map I wouldn't mind seeing developed. But as I said before, I wouldn't want all the lake developed. Just some sections closer to the metro.

Archived