The Enclave at the Riverfront

The Enclave at the Riverfront is a 260-unit mid-rise apartment complex being developed by Bomasada Group, Inc. in downtown North Little Rock. The property is located on the north side of the Riverfront Drive and east of the Main Street Bridge Street, just across the Arkansas River from the central business district of Little Rock, the River Market District, the Clinton Presidential Center and Park and Heifer International. Alltel Arena is across the street from the project and the new Stephens Baseball Field (Home of the Arkansas Travelers

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Enclave at the Riverfront is a 260-unit mid-rise apartment complex being developed by Bomasada Group, Inc. in downtown North Little Rock. The property is located on the north side of the Riverfront Drive and east of the Main Street Bridge Street, just across the Arkansas River from the central business district of Little Rock, the River Market District, the Clinton Presidential Center and Park and Heifer International. Alltel Arena is across the street from the project and the new Stephens Baseball Field (Home of the Arkansas Travelers

I'm afraid I beat you to the punch by placing it in the "Little Rock Projects List" earlier. :grin:

This is just more great news for North Little Rock and both downtown areas. I remember when Alltel Arena was built, there was nothing else appealing in the surrounding area. Now that side of the River is taking off. If that new ballpark goes through, it would provide an anchor for the west side of downtown, along with new office, residential, and retail buildings. A downtown must have key attractions to keep it viable, but one will only thrive if it's an area that many people call home.

Residential develoments downtown are being announced at a pretty fast pace, but I have a feeling that we've only seen the tip of the iceberg. There are still so many huge projects, like the Heifer Global Village and the new Travelers ballpark, that will have a huge impact. The Clinton Library hasn't even been open a year, and the city has seen a huge increase in tourism. The main thing, however, that makes me believe that there is much more left to come, is that we haven't even tapped into Main Street yet. Warren Stephens has been systematically purchasing chunks of it for years as part of his master plan to revitalize the area. He's kept his plans under wraps so far, but we can expect a lot more residential living, as well as new offerings to downtown. There's also Tower Investment's plans to revitalize Lafayette Square, which would really boost the Main Street area as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You've been doing some reading haven't you!? I think you're right. I think these new developments will only spur more energy into the downtown area. Now... if only the two cities would merge! Anyway... I would bet that with all this residential development and added density downtown that the population projections for the two cities is gravely underestimated. Don't you think?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

They seem to be dragging their feet on this one. I know they had some problems early on, but that was supposed to be taken care of now.

You would think that the ballpark announcement and the multiplication of businesses on Main would keep the momentum going for them. An opening during Dickey-Stephens' inaugural season would bring in a lot of tenants, I would think.

You would think that the ballpark announcement and the multiplication of businesses on Main would keep the momentum going for them. An opening during Dickey-Stephens' inaugural season would bring in a lot of tenants, I would think.

Agreed. I'm ready to see some dirt move on this project. Let's hope that it happens soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Arkansas Business said that though they have the permits, no dirt has been turned yet and they were trying to sniff out why. No calls were answered when they did. I hope they go through with it, I actually think it will do really well. Maybe they are trying to time the opening with the ballpark.

Arkansas Business said that though they have the permits, no dirt has been turned yet and they were trying to sniff out why. No calls were answered when they did. I hope they go through with it, I actually think it will do really well. Maybe they are trying to time the opening with the ballpark.

I don't know if Arkansas Business went over to the site before they made their report. Last week they were compacting dirt when I went by. Survey line were in place and new equipment has been brought in this week.

It looks like a small type crane has been delivered.

I don't know if Arkansas Business went over to the site before they made their report. Last week they were compacting dirt when I went by. Survey line were in place and new equipment has been brought in this week.

It looks like a small type crane has been delivered.

You'd think they'd bother, it's only 1/4 mile away. Thanks for the update.

Great Pics!!!

It looks like this project is gettin rollin'.

I don't see how this project can be anything but a success. With the completion of the Junction Bridge the residents will be able to walk to the River Market. Or they can walk two blocks and take the trolley. They will only be a few blocks from downtown Argenta. Across the street from Alltel Arena and less than five blocks to Dickey-Stephens Park.

I don't see how this project can be anything but a success. With the completion of the Junction Bridge the residents will be able to walk to the River Market. Or they can walk two blocks and take the trolley. They will only be a few blocks from downtown Argenta. Across the street from Alltel Arena and less than five blocks to Dickey-Stephens Park.

Plus there is a gross shortage of "upscale urban" apartments in Little Rock of that sort. The condo boom has left a shortage in apartments in downtown and this will help compensate. It seems like a sure moneymaker to me.

Thanks for the pics, skirb. Living out of town I don't get to see what's going on often, so I appreciate it.

• 2 months later...

Archived