Epodunk.coms' Latest Rating

Tayfromcarolina

Epodunk.comlatest ratings are out and listed are the top 25 cities for growth in the country for 2004. Most cities are in the west California, Arizona, and south Texas. But North Carolina has one city on the list. Raleigh came in # 24 with a growth of 3.3%, But as for large cities on the list Raleigh was #2 after Las Vegas, NV.

Epodunk has ratings every few months concerning different topic's, it's also a good site to find info about City and State populations, demographics and general stats.

Check it out, there is also a map. :thumbsup:Fastest-Growing Cities

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alot of the mobile homes tend to be in smaller towns across NC....I know eastern NC has a ton of them. Even Cary has at least one, right on Maynard, a main road in town. I find it amusing that such an "upscale" town has a trailer park on one of it's busiest roads....hehehe

I actually lived in a doublewide trailer during my HS yrs in Hillsborough. I wouldn't say that I was proud but I wasn't ashamed either. The area was set up sort of as a subdivision for mobile homes. Everyone had their own yard so they weren't stacked upon one another, my mom and I had flowers and a front porch and a back deck, what can I say it was home. I, for one, can say that those were some of the friendliest neighbors I've ever encountered too. I mean I actually knew my neighbors, we talked, had cookouts, etc. I had never encountered that in my earlier yrs of growing up in an apt complex in north central Durham, and haven't encountered it since, in my various apt complexes that I've lived in. They weren't hicks, but they weren't sophisticated ppl, just your avg folks.

That's one thing that I dislike about Cary, too many people walking around with their noses in the air, so to speak.

Excuse the rambling, it's late, I need to go to bed lol

interesting. I didn't know NC had so many mobile homes http://www.epodunk.com/top10/mobile_homes/index.html , where are they? I don't see any on my daily excursions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We deliver phone books in a couple of triad towns...believe me...they are out there. Lots and lots of them. Some are really nice parks with nice amenities...and some are set just like a normal subdivision. I can think of a couple we deliver to that have pools and tennis courts.

interesting. I didn't know NC had so many mobile homes http://www.epodunk.com/top10/mobile_homes/index.html , where are they? I don't see any on my daily excursions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll back them up on that one. Quite often, they don't always stick out like a sore thumb. There might be a regular house (owners of the property) out front blocking the view or there might be a lone access road back to the park. Most map books will have them listed.

Archived