Old Dominion Pics

rusthebuss

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Addition to ODU construction:

Today's Pilot confirmed that ODU is breaking ground on a 5-story, 100,000 sf research building.

Here's the link.

More cranes coming in the year 2006 - should be careful when you come to the campus. Might as well be a headache when you are trying to drive on 43rd St. in 2006, it's expanding to a 4-lane road by taking away all extra parking just across 43rd St. on all those grasses.

This is all too cool!

Are there any renderings for the hotel?

There is supposed to be a grocery store too, right! :blush:

No renderings yet for the hotel. There would probably be a 110/120 room SpringHill Suites by Marriott that connects to the 46th St. parking garage under construction now.

Yes, there will be a grocery store, but that can wait until late next year. ODU is doing too much right now, that they need to get first things finished first. It will be located on the site of the old 7-11, but if ODU wants the grocery store constructed, they must first acquire the old rundown apartments and business and tear them down, which is a long process. :wacko:

More information regarding ODU construction:

Piles have already been driven for the 2 dormitory buildings, the first phase of the Quad Student Housing. So far from what I've seen recently, they are already starting construction on the first building. That is expected to be completed on October 2006. The second building will be completed on December 2006. Then after that and the winter break of 2006-2007, ODU will close out all of old Lot 27 and start Phase II, which will be more $$ and more time consuming. I guess they will build 40% in Phase I and 60% in Phase II. I will get more renderings - the curvy building in Phase II consumes more time and more money.

Archived