Favorite Greenville Neighborhood

gs3

What is your favorite Greenville neighborhood?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Greenville neighborhood?

• Downtown Main Street
    • West End
    • North Main
    • Cleveland Park
    • Petigru
    • Hampton Pinckney
    • Augusta Road
    • Parkins Mill Road
    • Overbrook
    • Chick Springs
    • Paris Mountain
    • Pelham Road
    • Other

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Augusta, not only because I used to live there, but because it has the homes, and the shopping is right there, you can walk to the stores, etc. I could see a Restoration Hardware in the Lewis Plaza area of Augusta. It most definately would fit in.

The Crescent Ave. area would be the best, but it isn't on the list.  I love N. Main Street and surrounding areas.  There are others, but I'm too tired to name them now....zzz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I voted for Augusta Road only because it was the closest thing to Crescent Avenue/Alta Vista--which I think is the best neighborhood in town.

The houses are beautiful and most have been impeccably maintained.

One thing that absolutely bugs me is realtors. I'm not saying all of them are this way, so i'm not stereotyping, but here's why:

I have had two families move onto our street in the Gower area recently. They were both from out of the area and were looking for a neighborhood to buy in - so they used a realtor, of course. Well, they were only showed the Eastside and the suburbs (Mauldin and Simpsonville). They bought a house out there and moved, but wthin a year they put their houses up for sale and used their own knowledge of the area to buy a house in the city with a great location. Both of the families said once they had moved and they got into the swing of things, they realized they made a big mistake. They hated it out there and were furious that the jewels as they called it were kept from them.

I would have to blame this on the huge market out there and probably the laziness of the realitors. Long and short of it is that if more people were shown the city neighborhoods, like the ones from the poll, maybe Greenville's population would be growing and have been growing. BUT i dont know.

I would have to blame this on the huge market out there and probably the laziness of the realitors.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Either that or both of them chose the wrong realtor. I'm sure that had the right questions been asked and the right preferences been discovered, the correct realtor would have led these families to the right neighborhood to start with.

I'm not a realtor, but I did stay at Holiday Inn last night!

Archived