Welcome

monsoon

Don't look at it as a matter of 'necessity.' Moderators serve two functions. One is to moderate, the other is to encourage discussions in his or her section(s). UP is fairly selective on choosing staff members, and we have a lot of criteria that we look for in a moderator. We are excited to NCB on the staff, and we are certain that the Louisiana section has a bright future :shades:

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems like every time I come over here there's a surprise for me. :lol:

Haha, I was suprised to see the New Orleans subforum up this morning. I knew that Spartan and monsoon were working on it, but I thought it would be a little while longer before it would be up.

Ok, I asked in the New Orleans forum which topics people wanted to see and which topics would be interesting, so I'm going to do the same here. What would you guys(anyone who likes to check out the forum) like to see, how would you like the forum to be organized, etc. Any suggestions would be great as I'm trying to get the Louisiana forum well organized and discussion friendly. :)

I've noticed that the Louisiana forum seems to have quite a few non-members viewing the forum during the late night hours, and I just wanted to encourage anyone viewing the forum who may be from Louisiana(or anywhere for that matter) to join us here at UrbanPlanet. :thumbsup: Membership is free, and more discussion in the Louisiana forum is always great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have no problem, when I visit other places, telling people PROUDLY that I'm from Louisiana.

Same here. I'm very proud to be from the great city of New Orleans, and to be from the great state of Louisiana. I just wouldn't want to be anywhere else. :D

• 1 month later...

Now that we have a few new members from different areas of the state, what kinds of topics would you like to see in the Louisiana forum? Any ideas for topics that can get everyone on the forum, no matter what part of Louisiana they are from, involved in the discussion? :)

Now that we have a few new members from different areas of the state, what kinds of topics would you like to see in the Louisiana forum? Any ideas for topics that can get everyone on the forum, no matter what part of Louisiana they are from, involved in the discussion? :)

Hmmmm... great idea! Let me think and I will try to come up with some suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to the Louisiana forum on reaching 200 topics! :thumbsup:

It took much longer to reach 100 after starting with 0 than it did reaching 200 starting with 100. Especially since things have been picking up in the LA forum quite a bit recently. :D

Congrats to the Louisiana forum on reaching 200 topics! :thumbsup:

It took much longer to reach 100 after starting with 0 than it did reaching 200 starting with 100. Especially since things have been picking up in the LA forum quite a bit recently. :D

Another milestone reached and surpassed. Happy posting, everyone! :D