Welcome

monsoon

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, Rod. At 22.9 posts per day, you'll be passing 8,000 pretty soon I bet. And then you'll be up there with monsoon at 10,000+ before you know it.

Actually I think my average has been coming down. It's been a bit slow on the Arkansas related forums for a while.

It's been a bit slow on the Arkansas related forums for a while.

I have a feeling that action will pick back up over in the AR forum. It seems you guys go through periods of high activity, and then it slows down for a few days, and then the activity picks back up again. :thumbsup:

It's been that way before in the past. Not sure things are the same now. Some of the bickering has run off some people and it's gotten some people to not post as much too. Although I guess I can't really say it's all due to the bickering that's occured.

It's been that way before in the past. Not sure things are the same now. Some of the bickering has run off some people and it's gotten some people to not post as much too. Although I guess I can't really say it's all due to the bickering that's occured.

That's a shame. You hate to see people leave the forum because of arguements. I hope that settles down over in the AR forum.

You know I can! :D

It's great to watch this forum continue to grow.

Yes, Sir! And there was a new Shreveport poster who joined last night and one who joined this morning. This threw me off, but was a welcome surprise. "SHV_resident" and... ummm... "baffroom." Hopefully they'll stick around. :)

Yes, Sir! And there was a new Shreveport poster who joined last night and one who joined this morning. This threw me off, but was a welcome surprise. "SHV_resident" and... ummm... "baffroom." Hopefully they'll stick around. :)

I noticed those two today, welcome to the forum guys! We're happy to have you here! :D

And baffroom, you'll have to tell us the story about your name. Actually you can tell NCB the story and if it's not too gross he can share it with the rest of us. We'll let you "dump" your story on him first!! :)

Just kidding... it's good to have both of you on the boards. Now I don't feel like one man walking around a metro of 400,000 all alone. :D

And baffroom, you'll have to tell us the story about your name. Actually you can tell NCB the story and if it's not too gross he can share it with the rest of us. We'll let you "dump" your story on him first!! :)

Hey, I'll take one for the team! :P

Congrats on hitting the 5,000 mark. :D I'm also curious if you have had any situations like we've had over on our forum. We've had new people sign up quite a bit but it seems that they'll post for just a little bit then I guess they lose interest and move on. I wish we could keep more to stay around. Not sure if you guys have had the same problem or not.

Congrats on hitting the 5,000 mark. :D I'm also curious if you have had any situations like we've had over on our forum. We've had new people sign up quite a bit but it seems that they'll post for just a little bit then I guess they lose interest and move on. I wish we could keep more to stay around. Not sure if you guys have had the same problem or not.

Yes, it happens. I've seen quite a few of them... I just wish I knew of a good way to keep these people from gettting bored or whatever and leaving. I'm actually surprised I stuck around, because I'm good at hit-and-runs. I just absolutely fell in love with this place, though, and want to help it grow. That's UrbanPlanet as a whole, not just the 'Louisiana' or 'USA South' forums.

I'm also curious if you have had any situations like we've had over on our forum. We've had new people sign up quite a bit but it seems that they'll post for just a little bit then I guess they lose interest and move on. I wish we could keep more to stay around. Not sure if you guys have had the same problem or not.

Yea we've had quite a few of them. But I look at it like this, having more and more people from around the state sign up, even if they aren't very active, is much better than having no one sign up at all. And eventually in this pack of people signing up, we'll get some active posters. :D

Yea we've had quite a few of them. But I look at it like this, having more and more people from around the state sign up, even if they aren't very active, is much better than having no one sign up at all. And eventually in this pack of people signing up, we'll get some active posters. :D

Some people may even have completely forgotten what site they were at. That happened to me when I first came here. I had to search for the site a few times because I never saved it to my Favorites until later. But even then, when I'd get on the computer at home I kept thinking "Is it Urban Planet, Urban World, or what?"

Some people may even have completely forgotten what site they were at. That happened to me when I first came here. I had to search for the site a few times because I never saved it to my Favorites until later. But even then, when I'd get on the computer at home I kept thinking "Is it Urban Planet, Urban World, or what?"

Yea, and with all of the urban development forums popping up now it's easy to forget. UrbanPlanet, Urban World, Urban City, Skyscraper City, Skyscraper Page, etc. etc. :blink:

Yea, and with all of the urban development forums popping up now it's easy to forget. UrbanPlanet, Urban World, Urban City, Skyscraper City, Skyscraper Page, etc. etc. :blink:

There are lots of 'em out there. I will say, I'm a member at Skyscraper Page, Skyscaper City, and HAIF, and I've been far more into this site. I've only got a handful of posts on all the rest of those sites combined!

Yeah, you guys have done a great job so far. I can remember what it used to be like. I believe things will continue to get better here. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, you guys have done a great job so far. I can remember what it used to be like. I believe things will continue to get better here. :D

I hope your right! :D

But it has definately gotten more active here, especially compared to what it was like in '05.

• 2 weeks later...