best Virginia City to be in

Downtowner

What City do you like the best in Virginia?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What City do you like the best in Virginia?

• Richmond
    • Norfolk
    • Crystal City
    • Virginia Beach
    • Roanoke
    • Lynchburg

Went with Roanoke for 2 reasons. 1, It's my hometown and 2, the mountains. Now if Va Beach, Norfolk, etc had mountains like they do in that movie Deep Impact one of those cities would get my vote. I lived in Richmond for 3 years and enjoyed it but I never really felt at home there. I put it in the category of it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there, again.

I've always like Alexandria too. To be a part of NoVa it always seemed to me to have it's own personality. It has been a long time since I've spent any time there so it may have changed.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The City of Fairfax is probably too small to be used in this poll. It would be like using Williamsburg...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny I always thought the city was a lot larger. I see now how small it really is but the county is absolutely huge with right at 1.2 million people!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This poll just illustrates what handicaps the Hampton Roads area. The fact that someone would design a poll and include two contiguous cities like Norfolk and Virginia Beach, and exclude the other five, makes me question the entire poll. If the seven were one, called one, operated as one and known as one.....

I'll let you know when I wake up from my dream :D

Why don't you guys ever acknowledge Poquoson. It is an independent city too and bordering Hampton, it is a part of Hampton Roads.

Richmond's historical integrity for the most part is still intact in several areas. Remember colonial Williamsburg is a recreation. Jamestown doesn't have its original fort or much of anything original. I think that's what's meant about Richmond's history.

Also, I have wanted to know where is the original Norfolk? I know it was started in the 1600s but I don't think there is anything left from then.

Why don't you guys ever acknowledge Poquoson. It is an independent city too and bordering Hampton, it is a part of Hampton Roads.

Richmond's historical integrity for the most part is still intact in several areas. Remember colonial Williamsburg is a recreation. Jamestown doesn't have its original fort or much of anything original. I think that's what's meant about Richmond's history.

Also, I have wanted to know where is the original Norfolk? I know it was started in the 1600s but I don't think there is anything left from then.

There is a church DT that was built in the 1600's. It has a cannon ball from the British in the Revolutionary war.

There is a church DT that was built in the 1600's. It has a cannon ball from the British in the Revolutionary war.

And what about Revolutionary War era buildings?

I am sure people in Hampton Roads know where Poquoson is.

Yeah Richmond was burned to the ground by the british in 1781...so much for a good selection of revolutionary war era architecture :)....fast forward 74 years to 1865. Looks like it got burned to the ground again (that time due to an ingenious confederate plan)!

I wonder what Richmond would have looked like today had it not been burned to the ground twice?

Archived