Hurricane and tropical storm forecast increased

NCB

How has New Orleans done in preparing for a possible hit from a major hurricane?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How has New Orleans done in preparing for a possible hit from a major hurricane?

• Great
    • Ok
    • Could be Better
    • Horrible Job

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't honestly know if I can answer this question. I remember reading national geographic and it saying that NO was going to be the next Venice within the next 50 years.

All it will take is a category 4 or 5 hurricane, then Lake Ponchatrain to the north and the Mississippi river to the south will envelop it. Not to mention the gradual erosion of the LA coast because of the levee system messing up to the usual deposit of silts ....and global warming :-)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very concerned for New Orleans this time. The city hasn't been hit hard with a hurricane in so long, that most people that live there can't remember it. People tend to take things less seriously than they should when they've never experienced it. From all I've heard there are a lot of people staying in the city, and there could be a tsunami effect coming in from Lake Ponchartrain. Let's hope those levees hold. I hoping you get thru this thing OK, but I've got a bad feeling about this one. :(

I just want to see what other peoples opinions on this question is..because it is a very real possibility :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NCB made this post on August 3rd 2005.

Does this not bring chills to every part of your body? How prophetic. I am astonished and saddend at the same time. I'm sure he had no idea that his mere words would come to be.

G-d be with him and all who he hold dear. G-d be with New Orleans, Louisiana, Biloxi, Mobile, Alabama and Mississippi and all the people who call these places home.

this a prophetic thread...what irony. i think the city did the most that it could but it should have ordered mandatory evacuation of the city earlier. In addition all means of public transit and rail should have been used to transport evacuees out of the city.

It was bound to happen it was only a matter of time we cant expect near misses all the time.

this a prophetic thread...what irony. i think the city did the most that it could but it should have ordered mandatory evacuation of the city earlier. In addition all means of public transit and rail should have been used to transport evacuees out of the city.

Buses were used in evacuation but most people who worked with most public transportation were evacuating at the time.

Archived