Traffic Counts

gs3

Does anybody know where I would look online to get the number of vehicles a day for any given road in Greenville? If I wanted to look at a stretch of Wade Hampton or Laurens. Is there a website with this info for all roads / streets in the metro area?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Greenville's excellent IMS site has all of that. Click here and accept the disclaimer. Then navigate to where you want to see the info. Using the Information icon (blue circle with an "i") at the top, click on an ornage dot, and it will list the traffic counts for you at the bottom.

For example, Woodruff Rd south/east of I-385 averages 30900/day

Yes. Greenville's excellent IMS site has all of that. Click here and accept the disclaimer. Then navigate to where you want to see the info. Using the Information icon (blue circle with an "i") at the top, click on an ornage dot, and it will list the traffic counts for you at the bottom.

For example, Woodruff Rd south/east of I-385 averages 30900/day

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nopw compare those woodruff roads numbers with Wade Hampton Blvd. in Greer and you will see how much nicer 6 lanes would make Woodruff.

Nopw compare those woodruff roads numbers with Wade Hampton Blvd. in Greer and you will see how much nicer 6 lanes would make Woodruff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've often wondered why they didn't just widen Woodruff Road to Seven Lanes to begin with (6 with a center turn lane). The same with Congaree Road. Why did they widen it from 2 lanes to just 3 (2 with a center turn lane) instead of 5 (4 with a center turn lane)? :whistling:

I've often wondered why they didn't just widen Woodruff Road to Seven Lanes to begin with (6 with a center turn lane).  The same with Congaree Road.  Why did they widen it from 2 lanes to just 3 (2 with a center turn lane) instead of 5 (4 with a center turn lane)?  :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apparently they are "smarter" than we are... :rofl:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amazing! I compared the numbers like you said....Woodruff has more traffic in fewer lanes. No doubt about it, Woodruff should have made into six lanes (plus a turn lane). What's going to happen in a couple of months when Greenridge and The Point are fully open??

So it's the lesser of two evils:  construction vs. traffic, eh?  B)  My in-laws live in Roper Mountain Estates.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, but its not too bad for me. I work in Duncan, so I drive away from all that every morning. When I lived in NY, I commuted 40 miles each way to Connecticut. Now I have a 9 mile drive with no highway driving. Its sooooo relaxing. :D And I get home at a time where I can actually get stuff done around the house or go out for a long bike ride. B)

Archived