Metro Health Village - University of Michigan Health Systems

mpchicago

Wow I am surprised at a Hyatt, I was hopeing to see that DT before they named the JW marriott and Dearborn is the only subburban Hyatt I have seen most are all DT but it would be nice to have one in town. I figured the hospital by the hyway would draw another 3-storie comfort suits, maybe a Holiday inn something a little more upscale.

A sheridon would fill a nice gap there IMO, Hyatt is a little too much upscale and large, hopefully we see one downtown in the near future with a signiture rotating restruant on the top floor

Edited by GR8scott

Well Hyatt has a number of different brands, and I expect that it wouldn't be a Hyatt Regency or above. It could be a Hawthorn Suites, for instance.

Also, the mention of Hyatt in those meeting minutes in a Park and Recreation Commission meeting is strange to me.

Edited by francishsu

• 4 weeks later...

In the meeting minutes for the Parks and Recreation Commission, there was an interesting note hinting that Hyatt may be planning to build a hotel near the Frog Hollow playground.

More on this proposed hotel in the Press. They won't release the name, but say they expect it to generate a lot of retail interest. The name Hyatt was mentioned before, and I wouldn't be suprised that if they are behind this it's one of their brands like AmeriSuites or Hawthorn Suites

Edited by mpchicago

We talk a lot about who's doing the construction, financing, development of these various projects,

but does anyone know who is doing all the IT work for them? I mean, how does it happen that

all these buildings get wired for the various networking capabilities they need? It seems like there

would be a lot of jobs in the IT/computer fields with all the building of these hospital/medical care

facilities and that would be good for the area, but these companies/individuals seem so quiet.

Could going in this direction, more companies, more individuals doing this sort of work in Michigan

help the economy? Or doesn't it take much to get these buildings hooked up and going?

We talk a lot about who's doing the construction, financing, development of these various projects,

but does anyone know who is doing all the IT work for them? I mean, how does it happen that

all these buildings get wired for the various networking capabilities they need? It seems like there

would be a lot of jobs in the IT/computer fields with all the building of these hospital/medical care

facilities and that would be good for the area, but these companies/individuals seem so quiet.

Could going in this direction, more companies, more individuals doing this sort of work in Michigan

help the economy? Or doesn't it take much to get these buildings hooked up and going?

If I'm not mistaken, places like Windemuller and Buist wire them at the same time they do the electrical. As far as servers and all that, there are a lot of companies in GR that are capable of doing that. Trivalent Group and Springthrough Consulting come to mind.

Edited by twoshort

The first Medical Office Building is nearly complete. One tenant, Michigan Obstetrics, is already moved in, and another, The Granger Group (the project developers), has their space under construction. There is room for a couple other tenants on the first floor.

398025862_72f7b113ec.jpg

There are a couple other buildings going up nearby as well, but I didn't take any photos of them.

More on this proposed hotel in the Press. They won't release the name, but say they expect it to generate a lot of retail interest. The name Hyatt was mentioned before, and I wouldn't be suprised that if they are behind this it's one of their brands like AmeriSuites or Hawthorn Suites

Good catch. The AmeriSuites are being converted to the newer Hyatt Place hotels. A Hyatt Place would be great. Also nice to read that it's going to be a 5-story hotel.

I like this design. It almost looks like it is a fisheye lense shot :)

Joe

The first Medical Office Building is nearly complete. One tenant, Michigan Obstetrics, is already moved in, and another, The Granger Group (the project developers), has their space under construction. There is room for a couple other tenants on the first floor.

In most cases the electrical contractor will rough in the conduit for the IT but the owner is responsible for the actual wiring and hardware. Buist, Windemuller, F&Z, Parkway are capable but it is typically "by owner".

398025862_72f7b113ec.jpg

There are a couple other buildings going up nearby as well, but I didn't take any photos of them.

Is the roof overhang really that exaggerated, or did your camera add to the effect? It's pretty cool looking.

http://www.mlive.com/business/grpress/inde....xml&coll=6

"The Wyoming Planning Commission in March will review plans that include 103 rooms, a swimming pool and a 60-seat conference center on 2.6 acres south of Metropolitan Hospital....'That (hotel) is going to generate a lot of retail interest,' said Gerald Mears, city director of planning and community development."

Huh? Does a 103 room hotel really generate "a lot of retail interest"?

103 room hotel could generate quite a bit of retail - the comment from the press may sound a little overrated...but we just opened a 70 room 3 story hotel in greenville and immediately after opening I noticed two 15+ acre lots that went up for sale, and another sign for a new retail center across the street.

So - I think hotels definitely carry some baggage. HAH :lol:

Edited by blueradon

I didn't catch this before, but The Granger Group updated their promo materials for MHV.

http://www.thegrangergroup.com/downloads/M...althVillage.pdf

It does reveal some additional details like the specific location of the hotel, some sort of clock tower building and that the buildings proposed for the south (i.e. near the hotel) will be primarly restaurants. Also, they propose a couple of restaurants at the corners of the pond at the "Main Street" entrance.

They've also introduced the website http://www.merchantsatmetrovillage.com/ which currently has little information.