Metro Health Village - University of Michigan Health Systems

mpchicago

58 minutes ago, WMrapids said:

Their corporate building is over by East Paris right? If I remember it's pretty large but I'm not sure if they share space. I heard their merger fell through as well.

They have two office buildings there, and I believe they have another building off of Kraft Ave (you can see it from I-96 maybe?) 

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, WMrapids said:

So there is something going up across the street from the YMCA on the corner of Metro Dr and Gezon Pkwy. Has a pretty large crane there too.

So weird, I just had to drive through there today. Two medical office buildings are going up on each side of the street, one I think the sign said was a chiropractor. 

55 minutes ago, WMrapids said:

I've just been wondering ever since you brought up Lake Michigan Credit Union.image.jpeg

Now that I think about it, the one construction site did not have any signs other than construction company signs. 

Edit: That property shows that it's registered to Healthbridge LLC. 

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, WMrapids said:

So now that Metro Health is now affiliated with the University of Michigan Health System, will any new development come out of this? Michigan State is on the Medical Mile and GVSU is expanding their footprint as well. With ITT gone, will we see U of M here next?

I wouldn't be surprised actually. Individual centers for heart, cancer, diabetes, etc??

12 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

Seems good for the area. Even Spartan fans would agree that U of M's has a prestigious hospital system. I really hope they join the party downtown. 

Joe

The big money is in the specialty centers so I'm serious in that I wouldn't be surprised to see specialty centers start to pop up. Would they locate downtown though? And where? Spectrum and MSU have eaten up a lot of available land and will probably try to block UofM out. You can basically say "not" on Medical Mile. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

The big money is in the specialty centers so I'm serious in that I wouldn't be surprised to see specialty centers start to pop up. Would they locate downtown though? And where? Spectrum and MSU have eaten up a lot of available land and will probably try to block UofM out. You can basically say "not" on Medical Mile. 

There is a prime spot right on the Medical Mile, right next to the MSU research center. :P   

How long do you think it will take for the space to fill?

• GRDadof3 changed the title to Metro Health Village - University of Michigan Health Systems
42 minutes ago, WMrapids said:

They already have a cancer center together.IMG_2884.JPG

Oh right, that's true. Now they need a heart center and a children's hospital (because all the kids are doing it). 

1 hour ago, GRLaker said:

Something tells me that UM Health couldn't care less about what Spectrum thinks or says. They're ten times the health system Spectrum is and their coming to GR will do nothing but good for the city as they break up Spectrum's monopoly.

I know but he who holds the land, holds the power. Or some quote like that from the middle ages. 

15 minutes ago, joeDowntown said:

I would imagine a partnership with VAI could change them being "part of the club". A location close to VAI would open up options since Michigan Street is pretty well locked up. 

Joe

Ahhhh, that's true. I've heard the new MSU facility has something to do with them not being the best of BFF's? 

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Ha, that was my thought too. I thought the Kent County jail was adding a Byron Center campus for a minute there. 

This is the rendering that GRBJ is using. Still nothing to jump up and down about but it is vastly different than the other one that is floating around. Actually now that I look at it - that is a Fairfield? I'm confused. 

Fairfield-Inn-Suites-Metro-Health-Village-partial-rendering.jpg

Edited by GVSUChris