Triad Subforum

cosmoboy

Should we have a Triad Forum  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a Triad Forum

• No
    • Yes

I just recently sent a PM to monsoon and I asked him if he would consider creating a Triad subforum. I know there is a wide variety of threads on here that refer to the Triad area and don't forget the forumers themselves. We just have all these CCM and shopping threads that get created so I thought why not? I know there's the support for it!

Post Em! :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lately there has been a lot more talk about triad-related topics, but i think the issue is that this activity is not very consistent. there are a lot of posts about a certain subject for a while and then things drop off and calm down and then there are long periods where there's not much going on.

but i'm sure metro & neo would consider it if there was enough support behind it and there was someone willing to lead the forum and keep the topics flowing.

I attached a poll.  Lets see how it turns out.  I am still thinking there isn't enough activity to warrant a Triad section, but smaller areas are doing well with their own forums so I guess we will see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! I knew I forgot something once I finished the topic. Also, thanks for considering it! I'd really love to have one! :)

Even though I don't live there I would support a Triad forum. I'm all about organization anyway, better to have topics somewhat grouped together for easy viewing :-p

Question though....since there is a Charlotte forum, and a Triangle forum, if there was a Triad forum, then who would use the NC forum? I mean there's not much else in NC, urbanwise left to discuss except maybe Asheville and Wilmington, but those areas are under-topiced. I think that the regular NC forum would sort of die out without the Triad topics.

OK so I realize that there are things that can be discussed about the state in general, but relating to specific cities there wouldn't be much left...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In SC, there continues to be a great deal of discussion about Myrtle Beach even though we don't have a section for it. As you mention there are a lot of NC issues that are common to all of us. Things such as transportation, our NCDOT, pollution, legislation, and of course vacation places such as Wilmington, Asheville, the Outer Banks and the NC Ski Resorts. So if we have a need for a Triad forum I think that is a good thing. It means we have more NC forumers there that would end up supporting the general section too.

In SC, there continues to be a great deal of discussion about Myrtle Beach even though we don't have a section for it.  As you mention there are a lot of NC issues that are common to all of us.  Things such as transportation, our NCDOT, pollution, legislation, and of course vacation places such as Wilmington, Asheville, the Outer Banks and the NC Ski Resorts.  So if we have a need for a Triad forum I think that is a good thing.  It means we have more NC forumers there that would end up supporting the general section too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's a good point. also, there are still a lot of people from NC who don't post all that often but who read the forum very regularly as well. having distinct sections for the charlotte metro area, the triad and triangle helps to organize region specific topics while more general topics can be discussed in the main NC forum.

I am all for it and as for as not much else there is a wealth of topics for the 4 million residents of NC that do not live in thise three metros. It happens that I am familiar with all of them but being from Fayetteville and living in Nevada I can't post regularly.

Yes. It's actually annoying to a lot of us.  I presumed you were about 14-15.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(No disrespect here) Are you saying i'm annoying? :huh: If that's the case then i'm quite p*&%@# off! :angry: Because, I know I have been in my fare share of controversal posts but not enough to be treated like a little kid.<_< Or, are you saying "little" kids are annoying to you and other forumers. If that's the case then i'm quite alright with that.

Archived