Should we have a Triad Forum  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a Triad Forum

• No
    • Yes

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about that jervais? As of 2000 the Charlotte metro area had a pop. of 1,499,293, the Triad area had a metro pop. of 1,251,509, and the metro Triangle area had a pop. of 1,187,941. i see it as Charlotte will continue to grow over leaps and bounds but the other metro areas will continue to grow at their own pace.

Here are the numbers from emporis, charlotte's metro 2,067,810; Triad 1,473,679; and Triangle 1,365,892. I was reading in another post, that the Triangle's pop. was going to pass Charlotte's in a few years and I think that 5-10 years from now that all three areas will be very close in numbers, however I think that the Triad is going to pass them, but just my opinion not written in stone.

I'm a firm believer that, with UrbanPlanet's recent explosion in popularity, if you create a forum, the traffic will follow.

So says the moderator of the Triangle forum that has been eerily quiet lately. But hey - I've been really busy lately (moving, and starting a new job on Monday.) Besides, there's just not much news these days...

I think the Triad could soon have its own forum again. We use to have one but at the time there wasnt alot of support. At the time there were only a few Triad forumer, myself and a few others but it looks like that number has grown and there seems to be more news to post about the Triad as well. With exception to Charlotte, I think all sub-forums will have their slump periods when nothing much is being discussed.

• 5 months later...

Well there was some speculation this forum could fizzle, because it had been tried before and the traffic just wasn't there to support it.

But it looks like the "critical mass" is available now, to keep this forum going.

Archived