• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mediamongrel

Media Play - Trouble in the Queen City?

The location I always thought did the best was the South Blvd. location. The one at Windsor Square shopping center in Matthews is usually dead, and the one at the University closed last year. Are those the only three in Charlotte?

I hate Media Play. I feel like I'm being watched everywhere in the store. :angry: They have too many blueshirts trying to help you find something.

why are they dying? They provide overpriced merchandise that can be found at other stores for lower prices and they just are not appealing IMO. Granted, I have only been in one once.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, their Cds are way overpriced, and they have a rewards card where if you spend $100 you get $5 credit...gee thanks. I could have saved $15 by buying the same things online and that's with shipping!!! They really expanded their book and home audio section, and reduced their music section. Last time I was at the one in Matthews, they had about 6-8 bins of crappy CDs for like $1 It wasn't stuff you would want though.

Especially when there's Manifest just 2 miles farther down the road. (FWIW though, I like CD Warehouse better than Manifest. Seems easier/quicker to listen to what they have. Less of it's locked or shrink wrapped.)

cd warehouse caters heavily to college rockers (frat rock) and jam bands. while manifest really covers the most ground of any music store in charlotte. cd warehouse is convienent, and i have found some real gems there, but it gets old having phish blared in my ear while i shop. i hate going to manifest b/c i will spend to much money.