New Orleans - Pt 1.

Rural King

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the 7th pic...It really shows the modern/historic New Orleans.

There is the 645ft. Bank One Center built in 1984, and in front of it is the 355 ft Hibernia Bank Building built in 1921( it was the tallest building in N.O. for over 46 years and the lantern on top was a guiding light to ships traveling on the Mississippi River)

That really shows you that whatever is happening to New Orleans business and people wise, they still manage to keep their history intact...

Great Pics!

Really glad you enjoyed the pics. I really enjoyed your fair city. It really blew me away. I mean I expected it to be urban and dense, but was by and far the coolest North American city I have been too, outside of maybe Chicago, which is a totally different vibe and atmosphere. I loved the history, the architecture, the great food, and the culture. It was the best trip I had been on in a long time. Very relaxing for me.

I have photos of Baton Rouge, Morgan City, and Avery Island too from my trip down there. Plus, Jackson, MS if you interested in MS.

Really glad you enjoyed the pics. I really enjoyed your fair city. It really blew me away. I mean I expected it to be urban and dense, but was by and far the coolest North American city I have been too, outside of maybe Chicago, which is a totally different vibe and atmosphere. I  loved the history, the architecture, the great food, and the culture. It was the best trip I had been on in a long time. Very relaxing for me.

I have photos of Baton Rouge, Morgan City, and Avery Island too from my trip down there. Plus, Jackson, MS if you interested in MS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please post them!

we want to get people from MS involved here if we can...many people in MS are a vital part to the New Orleans work force..so they should be able to have a voice here to..

I try to do so over the coming weeks. I don't want to flood the forum off the bat with all my pics. Gets everybody some things to look forward too. :D

I would definately like to see some MS forumers. MS has alot of potential just now coming into effect. Lots of good things are going on over there, and I hope that trend continues.

I try to do so over the coming weeks. I don't want to flood the forum off the bat with all my pics. Gets everybody some things to look forward too. :D

I would definately like to see some MS forumers. MS has alot of potential just now coming into effect. Lots of good things are going on over there, and I hope that trend continues.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rural King, thanks for the pictures. I'll be posting some soon. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. It's people like you that we need here in N.O. I hope you come back. New Orleans is often overlooked for it's big city feel. Were you suprise by our downtown district? I live here, and everytime I go downtown I'm impressed. Thanks again for the pictures.

Archived