Sporting News: List of best sports cities

Raintree21

Not sure how they got their placings for the cities. One of the NC cities I've never heard of. Kinston? Zebulon? They have high school sports teams. Does that mean they should be on a national list? And no, high school sports here in NC/SC are not on the level of fanaticism of other states like Texas.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/12287200.htm

Best Sports Cities:

1. Boston

2. Philadelphia

3. Detroit

4. Miami

5. Los Angeles-Anaheim

23. Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, N.C.

28. Charlotte

73. Winston-Salem, N.C.

79. Clemson, S.C.

80. Columbia, S.C.

121. Greenville, N.C.

136. Charleston, S.C.

147. Davidson, N.C.

148. Rock Hill, S.C.

160. Wilmington, N.C.

174. Greensboro, N.C.

176. Boone, N.C.

185. Greenville, S.C.

188. Spartanburg, S.C.

191. Orangeburg, S.C.

213. High Point, N.C.

221. Asheville, N.C.

226. Elon, N.C.

228. Conway, S.C.

236. Cullowhee, N.C.

259. Buies Creek, N.C.

268. Darlington, S.C.

291. Hilton Head Island, S.C.

295. Zebulon, N.C.

300. Hickory, N.C.

317. Fayetteville, N.C.

321. Kinston, N.C.

346. Myrtle Beach, S.C.

381. Burlington, N.C.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of their selection process:

To be included in our rankings, a city must have at least an NCAA Division I basketball team or a minor league baseball team -- or it must score in select other categories upon which we base our rankings. Those categories include being the

site of a training camp for a major league or NFL team, a NASCAR Nextel Cup race, an NCAA Division I-A bowl game, a PGA Tour tournament or a Triple Crown horse race.

if by "best" they mean "most obsessed," then they certainly got boston right. i can't go 5 seconds up here without hearing someone talking about the damn red sox.

it's funny to see burlington on the list. i guess the only reason they're on it is because of the indians.

if by "best" they mean "most obsessed," then they certainly got boston right. i can't go 5 seconds up here without hearing someone talking about the damn red sox.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Touche' EZ...gosh, i hate the freaking red sox and their a-hole fans. Let's move on with some fresh news already.

Archived