Tiers of SC cities

krazeeboi

Charleston has been getting so much national exposure lately till it's not funny. I can't even keep up with them all. The Wheel of Fortune week's worth of episodes that were taped in Charleston were reaired about two weeks ago, there was just a presidential debate there, CBS evening news broadcasted live from Charleston, the CNN exposure, etc. I know it usually gets most of the shine when it comes to the Big Three, but it just seems like things have been kicked up a notch within the past few months.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think outsiders know much about the upstate.

Just today CNN broadcast weather reports from the fountain in downtown Charleston and they constantly billed it as one of America's most charming cities. These reports were also broadcast on CNN International (except they gave the temps in celsius) so it was also seen throughout Europe and Asia. You can't buy that kind of exposure. Because of that Charleston has to be one of SC's best known cities along with Myrtle Beach. Next would be Columbia mainly because it is the capital, the flag controversy, and the fact that if you join the Army and will most likely end up training in Ft. Jackson means it is known by millions of military and their families. In comparison, from the outside, the upstate Greenville/Spartanburg just doesn't have the same kind of exposure.

Archived