pvenne

Downtown Vision: Office and Retail Economy Policies

"o Promote office development opportunities Downtown through increased

maximum building heights along the Congress Street corridor (between Congress

Street and Cumberland Ave.) and in the Congress to Spring Street corridor to

encourage taller office development; infill redevelopment or rehabilitation

opportunities for properties within the central business district; and reuse of

upper stories along Congress Street from Monument to Congress Square..."

portlands goals and policies for the future article (PDF)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read awhile back that all the new buildings that are going to be built in the Bayside neighborhood (Between Marginal Way and Cumberland Ave) have to be atleast 3 stories and can't be further than 10 feet from the sidewalk/road. This will certainly help make a dense area. We could use more buildings like the AAA Building and the DHS buildings.

As far as height goes, the Congress Street Corridor is definatly the area that is most likely to see anything taller than 10 stories.

I read awhile back that all the new buildings that are going to be built in the Bayside neighborhood (Between Marginal Way and Cumberland Ave) have to be atleast 3 stories and can't be further than 10 feet from the sidewalk/road. This will certainly help make a dense area. We could use more buildings like the AAA Building and the DHS buildings.

As far as height goes, the Congress Street Corridor is definatly the area that is most likely to see anything taller than 10 stories.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i read the same article, and at first i was excited. the title said something llike "new urban look for bayside" so i read on and found that portland considers 3-stories urban...oh man, what a waste of prime space. they need to think for the future and build up before there is no more developable peninsula space....i wish i were on the planning board....

and on congress street: i was a little confused cause i just dont see where anything new could be built without tearing down old buildings which will probably mean running into a lot of opposition from the older generations...i hope where mercy is going up on the fore river sees some meaningful development....portland could do so much and its like no body realizes it except the developers who continually get almost rudely shut down time and time again......oh man, too much for me.

Archived