START YOUR ENGINES?

city guy

Auto Racing could join other huge annual Philly Sports

events that the city is know for if Paul Newman gets his way.

We already have:

(1) The USPro Cycling Championships (the longest

running and richest cycling event in the country)

Cycling Championships

(2) The largest collegiate regatta in the United States

Largest College Regatta

(3) Oldest and largest annual track and field carnival in the world that

feature more than 350 track and field races in a three day event.

Penn Relays

(4) Annual Army Navy Game (although the 2007 game will be played

in Baltimore)

Now Auto Racing at 180 miles an hour down the parkway?

Auto Racing in Philly

Champ World Site

For other great Philly sporting events check out the Philadelphia Sports Congress

it gives a rundown on all the events.

Philly Sports Congress

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great info! Never realized that the crew event was the largest in the nation, also why is Baltimore getting the 2007 game especially with that great new Lincoln Field?

Very nice links Cityguy. I think since these events are annual we can add them on Philadelphia Answers Guide up top for the general info of the Philly area ;)

Baltimore getting the 2007 game especially with that great new Lincoln Field? 

Very nice links Cityguy.  I think since these events are annual we can add them on Philadelphia Answers Guide up top for the general info of the Philly area ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Every so many years Army Navy moves to another city. It was in Baltimore in 2000. It is now bid on by cities, it has been to East Rutherford also near New York city. But 73 of the 100 times it has been in Philly.

• 2 weeks later...

Cityguy and to all others on the forum, I added the above links to the Philadelphia Answers Pinned topic, if anyone has any additions to any of those topics or even the topic breakdown themselves let me know. I also added a link to central Pennsylvania as well. I am hesitant to do tons on Philly or central because I feel local perspectives are better. :)

Archived